{4} LETTERS FROM WHO?

Back at the Dursleys'

Back at the Dursleys'. Petunia and a bundled up Dudley come in.
Petunia: [assuring a distressed Dudley] It's all right, sweetheart. It's all right.
They walk in the living room. Mia and Vernon enter. Vernon slams the door and shoves Mia against a wall, taking her hair.

The great hall fell into a collective gasp as everyone reacted to the shocking incident of Mia's uncle raising his hands against her. The audacity of such an act left people wondering how long this had been happening and how much longer it would continue.

Mia: Ow!
Vernon: WHAT HAPPENED?!
Mia: I swear, I don't know! [Vernon snarls] One minute, the glass was there and then it was gone! It was like magic!
Mia: I'm telling the truth!
Vernon scoffs at this, shoves Mia in the cupboard under the stairs and slams the door
Vernon: There's no such thing as magic! [he blackens out the vent on the door]

A heavy silence enveloped the room, leaving everyone in a state of disbelief.

Molly Weasley broke the silence, inquiring, "How long were you trapped in there?"

Mia Potter simply shrugged, she stated, "I don't know, but perhaps for days?"

Another moment of quiet filled the room. Empathy washed over everyone, transcending any differences among them. Even the Slytherins, including Draco, Blaise, and Pansy, felt a pang of sympathy for their fellow student, friend, and classmate.

An owl flies into view and lands itself on a TV aerial on one of the houses' roof Mia leaves the living room area into the hallway and picks up some letters, one of which had her name on it with his address of where she slept.

"Hogwarts letters!"

Happy tones echoed throughout the hall, and a ripple of excitement ran through the students. The words acted like a spark in a room full of dry wood; within seconds, all signs of previous apprehension were replaced with anticipation and joy. They are the witnessing the moment their hero received the letters.

The thought of receiving their personal letters from Hogwarts, the place they all longed for, filled the air with electric excitement. Mia, despite staying low, shared a glint of happiness in her eyes.

Uncle Vernon and Dudley sit at the table while Aunt Petunia is busy fixing breakfast. Mia walks in with the mail and hands it to Uncle Vernon
Vernon: [after reading a postcard] Oh, Marge is ill! Ate a funny whelk.

Mia chuckled softly upon hearing the name Marge, recalling the events from her third year. Observers who noticed her giggles looked puzzled, unsure of the reason behind her amusement.

Nonchalantly, she replied, "You'll find out in third year."

Dudley suddenly notices Mia's letter and runs to grab it from her and give it to his father.
Dudley: Dad! Look! Mia got a letter!
Mia: Hey, give it back! It's mine!