{51} I PROMISE I WON'T LOOK FOR TROUBLE

[Morning the day after, through the window: the rooftops of London

[Morning the day after, through the window: the rooftops of London. A train passes and camera pulls back, reveals Mia, standing with Hedwig. She turns, eyes her schoolbooks. She studies the growling tome -- The Monster Book of Monsters -- then gives the rope a tug.]

"Oi, Mia, you really should stroke the spine of that book," Neville interjected with a hint of caution, his own experience serving as a cautionary tale of the consequences of ignoring such a simple precaution.

"Listen to Neville, Mia, he knows what he's talking about," Ron chimed in, his expression a mixture of concern and playful teasing as he echoed Neville's warning, his eyes darting nervously to the mysterious tome in Mia's hands.

Mia's eyes widened in realization as she registered their words, a sheepish smile tugging at the corner of her lips as she carefully reached out to gingerly stroke the book's spine, heeding Neville's advice with a newfound sense of caution.

Hagrid, who had been observing the exchange with a mixture of amusement and concern, let out a hearty chuckle at Mia's reaction, his cheeks tinged with a faint blush as he recalled the peculiar properties of the enchanted books in his collection.

Sirius, who had been listening intently to the conversation, furrowed his brows in confusion as he tried to piece together the cryptic warnings and veiled references, his concern mounting as he sensed a undercurrent of mystery surrounding the seemingly innocuous books in question.

"What's the deal with these books, Mia?" Sirius inquired, his voice tinged with a hint of apprehension as he sought clarification on the enigmatic warning that hung in the air like a shroud of uncertainty.

Mia met Sirius' gaze with a cryptic smile, her eyes twinkling with a mischievous glint as she offered a vague but tantalizing response, her words laced with an air of anticipation and curiosity that piqued the interest of those gathered around.

"You're in for a surprise, Sirius," Mia replied enigmatically, her tone filled with a sense of mystery and a touch of amusement, leaving her friend with a sense of intrigue and apprehension about the impending revelation.

Sirius raised an eyebrow in response, a mix of annoyance and curiosity flickering across his features as he braced himself for the unknown, the anticipation of what lay ahead adding a sense of tension to the atmosphere as the group awaited the unfolding of events with bated breath.

[Instantly... the book leaps to the floor, pages flying, bookcovers. Snapping. Mia gives chase, then the book turns, begins nipping viciously at his shoes. Mia vaults atop the bed, watches the book disappear underneath, then grabs a pillow. Seconds later, the book scuttles into view and Mia pounces -- FLUMPH! The book roars angrily, muffled beneath the pillow.]

The sudden movements of the book sent a ripple of shock and surprise through the group, causing most of them to leap to their feet in alarm, their expressions a mix of fear and astonishment as they grappled with the unexpected display of magic before them.