{29} MUDBLOODS

[Mia is walking down the corridor wearing her Quidditch outfit, accompanied by the rest of the team: Oliver Wood, Fred, George, Angelina Johnson, Alicia Spinnet, and Katie Bell

[Mia is walking down the corridor wearing her Quidditch outfit, accompanied by the rest of the team: Oliver Wood, Fred, George, Angelina Johnson, Alicia Spinnet, and Katie Bell.]
Oliver: I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program.

"The whole summer? He didn't go out with his friends or have fun?" Sirius asked, an incredulous look on his face as he struggled to comprehend spending an entire summer focused on one activity.

"Of course I did, but I focused mostly on the new Quidditch program," Wood said, a sheepish smile tugging at the corners of his lips as he spoke. He could feel a warm flush creeping up his cheeks, but there was no denying the passion that shone in his eyes. "I didn't mind it at all," he added, his voice tinged with enthusiasm. "I love Quidditch, and I'm determined to play professionally after I finish Hogwarts."

His earnestness was evident, and his eyes sparkled with a mixture of determination and excitement as he spoke about his aspirations. It was clear that his dedication to the sport ran deep, and he had embraced the hard work and focus required to achieve his dreams.

Oliver: We are going to train earlier, harder, and longer. [glancing to his left, the rest of the team follows his gaze] What...? I don't believe it. [stepping out into the courtyard, they come across the Slytherin Quidditch team, also dressed for Quidditch, as Ron and Hermione are sitting nearby; Oliver directs his attention to the team's captain, Marcus Flint] Where do you think you're going, Flint?

"Here comes trouble," Remus said, a note of resignation in his voice as he watched the approaching group.

Many were once again on edge, the tension palpable in the air. The mention of the rivalry between Slytherin and Gryffindor evoked a mix of apprehension and wariness. The history of the rivalry loomed large in the minds of those present, as they were all too aware that conflicts between these two houses had a habit of ending in discord. The unspoken tension between the students served as a reminder of the longstanding enmity, underscoring the aversion felt by many toward the impending interaction.

Marcus: Quidditch practice.
Oliver: I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today.
Marcus: Easy, Wood. I've got a note. [holds out a rolled up scroll; Wood takes it and opens it]
Ron: Uh-oh. I smell trouble. [he and Hermione get up and walk towards the two teams]
Oliver: [reading the parchment] I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker."

"What is the meaning of this, Severus?" McGonagall demanded, her voice tinged with a mix of frustration and concern.

"I don't quite remember writing the letter..." Snape said, his tone laced with a hint of suspicion as he directed a sharp glare at Flint, whose reaction was immediate—a shocked shriek that echoed through the room.