{49} RIDING THE KNIGHT BUS

[As Mia storms out with her trunk, we doll to the street with her

[As Mia storms out with her trunk, we doll to the street with her. High in the sky, a plump dot rises. Aunt Marge.]

The sound of laughter echoed through the room as Marge, the floating screaming balloon, elicited an amused response from the gathered crowd.

Unexpectedly, Snape's voice cut through the mirth, his statement surprising everyone present. "She deserves it," he remarked, drawing intrigued glances from those around him.

Mia's eyes met Snape's, and she nodded resolutely. "She did, and I don't regret it one bit."

A wave of murmured agreement swept through the Hall, punctuated by the subtle nods of those in attendance, signaling their unanimous support for Mia's sentiment. The shared understanding of Marge's deserving fate united the group in a moment of silent solidarity.

[Mia walks and walks and walks, then... stops. Glances about. An empty playground. swings creaking gently on rusted chains. A tiny carousel, kissed gently by the wind, turning slowly. Mia drops the trunk. Sits.]

Hermione's voice rang out with a mix of concern and anger as she demanded answers. "Why did you stop next to a playground? Even more importantly, why did you choose a creepy playground? Why didn't you keep walking?"

Sirius' eyes sparked with recognition as he observed the playground and the road on the screen, heightening the intrigue of the situation.

Mia shifted uncomfortably, her sheepish expression softening her features as she responded, "It was cold, and I just got tired of walking." Her admission carried a hint of embarrassment, evoking a range of reactions from the group, who found themselves torn between amusement and understanding.

Molly lightly scolded Mia with a touch of motherly concern. "Why didn't you bring a jacket?"

Mia shrugged and replied, "I was so focused on where I was going that I think it just slipped my mind." Her explanation was accompanied by a casual shrug, signaling her honest oversight.

[Deep in the night, an alarm shrinks, goes silent. Mia, still as a statue. Listening. In the trees above, Leaves tremble. The wind gathers. Mia turns, studies the swaying swings, the carousel. Then, she... stiffens. Turns back. Sensing something in the shadows across the street, she rises. Slowly draws her wand. Then she sees... it. Something big.]

Neville's voice resonated with unease as he voiced his discomfort. "Well, that's not creepy."

A sudden shift in the atmosphere was palpable as the Great Hall seemed to take on an eerie and unsettling aura. The feeling of unease settled over everyone, causing their nerves to once again rise, as the dark, creepy playground came alive in its own unsettling manner.

[Darker than the shadows which conceal it. Something with wide, gleaming. Mia steps back. Afraid to look. Afraid not to.]

Luna's ethereal voice cut through the stunned silence like a silver blade. "It's a dog!" she proclaimed, her eyes alight with an otherworldly gleam.