{20} THREE HEADED DOG

Hermione: [she, Mia, and Ron are meeting in the common room] You mean You-Know-Who's out there right now in the Forest?Mia: But he's weak

Mia: But he's weak. He's living off the unicorns. Don't you see? We had it wrong.

"What now!" Dean exclaimed in frustration, his voice tinged with impatience and exasperation.

"You guys are never satisfied with any answer," Ginny retorted, her tone reflecting a mix of annoyance and amusement.

"Yup," the three of them said in unison, their synchronized response punctuating the lingering tension with a touch of lighthearted resignation.

Mia: Snape doesn't want the Stone for himself. He wants the Stone for Voldemort. With the Elixir of Life, Voldemort will be strong again. He'll... he'll come back.

"You three need to keep my name out of your mouth," Snape said, his voice firm and commanding.

Mia nodded in acknowledgment. "I know we should, but the suspension was killing me alive."

Severus narrowed his eyes at her, his stare penetrating and intense. "I hope you were satisfied with the result."

Mia simply smiled in response, her expression suggesting a quiet understanding that spoke louder than words.

Ron: But if he comes back, you don't think he'll try to kill you, do you?
Mia: I think if he'd had the chance, he might have tried to kill me tonight.
Ron: [gulps] And to think, I've been worrying about my Potions final.

A few chuckles could be heard from the older students and some of the adults as Ron's funny answers elicited amusement and lightened the atmosphere.

Hermione: Hang on a minute. [Mia and Ron both glance at her] We're forgetting one thing. Who's the one wizard Voldemort always feared? Dumbledore. As long as Dumbledore is around, Mia, you're safe. As long as Dumbledore is around, you can't be touched [gives her a reassuring smile; she nods]

"Looks like he's got a healthy fear of Dumbledore at least," Fred said, attempting to inject some levity into the tense atmosphere.

Mia shook her head, prompting puzzled looks from the others. "I don't think it's fear of Dumbledore himself. It's the fear of the consequences if he had to face him alone."

Understanding dawned on the listeners, and heads nodded in agreement, including Dumbledore, acknowledging the insight in Mia's observation.

[Later all the students are rushing out as they finish their exams.]
Hermione: I'd always heard Hogwarts' end-of-the-year exams were frightful, but I've found that rather enjoyable.

"Speak for yourself," the students grumbled in exasperation, their frustration evident.

"Seriously, Hermione, how can someone love exams?" Ron asked, his incredulity turning into a playful jab at Hermione's studious nature.