{18} MIRROR OF ERASED

Mia, Hermione and Ron are walking along a path with Hagrid, talking

Hagrid: Nonsense! Why would Snape put a curse on Mia's broom?

"My thought exactly!" a few students chimed in agreement.

"It will explain why," Mia remarked, her eyes fixed on Snape as she communicated her silent message of support, silently willing him to prove his innocence.

Even though she strongly disliked him, Mia felt a pang of empathy at the thought of an innocent man being wrongly accused of something so serious. She couldn't bear the idea of someone shouldering the burden of false accusations, and it stirred a sense of something within her.

Mia: Who knows? Why was he trying to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween?
Hagrid: [turns to them, suspiciously] Who told you about Fluffy?

"HAGRID!" McGonagall scolded him, making the half-giant look with a blush on his face.

"Fluffy?"

"Why fluffy?" Most students asked, baffled at the dangerous dog's name.

"Don't worry, Hagrid, I still trust you with my secrets," Mia said, offering reassurance to the dejected half-giant.

Hagrid's face brightened with a grateful smile, conveying his appreciation to Mia for her understanding.

"You have secrets that we don't know about?" Ron quipped, feeling betrayed at the idea of Mia keeping secrets from their tight-knit group.

"Duh," Mia responded with a playful smirk, breaking the tension with her characteristic wit.

Ron: Fluffy?
Hermione: That thing has a name?
Hagrid: Well, of course he's got a name. He's mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the...
Mia: Yes?

"Hagrid, you can't just go around giving away sensitive information like that," McGonagall scolded, her tone firm but not unkind.

"Sorry, Professor McGonagall," Hagrid muttered, looking abashed.

"Don't be too hard on him, Minerva. Hagrid's heart is as big as he is," Dumbledore interjected, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Yes, but he must learn to keep certain matters to himself," McGonagall replied firmly.

Hagrid nodded sheepishly, understanding the gravity of the situation.

Hagrid: Shouldn't have said that. No more questions! Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is.

Mia, sensing Hagrid's discomfort with the whole scene going, jumped in. "It's okay, Hagrid. We all know you have a kind heart," she said with a reassuring smile.