{35} DUELING CLUB BY LOCKHART

[A few days later, in the girls' bathroom, she tells Ron and Hermione what she overheard

[A few days later, in the girls' bathroom, she tells Ron and Hermione what she overheard. As they talk, Hermione works on the Polyjuice Potion.]

The trio exchanged a knowing glance, a shared realization dawning upon them in the waning moments of the year. They chuckled softly, their amusement drawing curious glances from those around them.

"We were so close," Mia remarked with a light-hearted giggle, the sentiment resonating with her companions. The trio shared a laugh, their amusement infectious despite the lingering curiosity of their peers.

Caught in the web of anticipation and curiosity, the onlookers sought an explanation from the trio, their inquisitive stares filling the air with unspoken questions.

"Later," the trio chimed in unison, their synchronized response accentuating the playfulness in their eyes.

Their nonchalant dismissal, delivered with shared amusement, only served to irk those around them, their annoyance evident as they directed disapproving glances at the trio. Unperturbed, the trio's smiles widened, their bond evident in the shared moment of lighthearted camaraderie, a testament to the unspoken understanding that bound them together.

Hermione: "Again"? You mean, the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?

"Wait, there really is a Chamber of Secrets?" Charlie asked, his voice trembling with uncertainty, voicing the question that had been weighing on everyone's minds.

"Was there really a Chamber of Secrets? If so, where was it hidden?" he added, his curiosity and apprehension palpable.

"Lies! It's just a story," Umbridge interjected in her shrill, annoying voice, her dismissive tone cutting through the room.

"God, please give me patience," Mia murmured through gritted teeth, her frustration apparent as she struggled to keep her anger in check, taking a deep breath to steady herself.

"I guess we'll just have to watch the movie to find out the truth then," Hermione retorted, her gaze fixed on Umbridge, her words laced with determination and defiance.

The tension in the room lingered, the unresolved question of the Chamber of Secrets casting a shadow of unease over the gathered group. Despite Umbridge's dismissive remark, the lingering uncertainty and the shared determination to uncover the truth maintained a palpable tension, leaving the group on edge as they grappled with the unsettling revelations.

Ron: Of course. Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must have opened it when he was at school here. And now he's taught Draco how to do it.
Hermione: Maybe. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure.