{30} FRIENDS BONDING

After the intense scene came to an end, a blank screen appeared, and Dumbledore's soothing voice announced a break, urging everyone to get some sleep and promising to continue the movie the next day

After the intense scene came to an end, a blank screen appeared, and Dumbledore's soothing voice announced a break, urging everyone to get some sleep and promising to continue the movie the next day. Mia bid her Godfathers a tender goodbye, pressing kisses to their cheeks, before following her friends, Ron and Hermione, towards the common room. The atmosphere hung heavy with a blanket of silence, allowing each person to grapple with their own thoughts and fears.

As they settled in, Ron's voice pierced the quiet, calling Mia's name. "Mia," he began, his tone tremulous with uncertainty. "I think I'm scared."

In response, Hermione scoffed softly, and Mia regarded Ron with a mix of confusion, concern, and a hint of wistful amusement. "Why?" she asked, her voice gentle and probing, seeking to understand the source of his unease.

Ron's shoulders rose and fell in a heavy shrug as he struggled to put his emotions into words. "I don't know," he admitted, his voice tinged with vulnerability. "Maybe it's just the thought of everything you've done, all your triumphs and mistakes, being laid bare for everyone to see."

Mia's gaze softened with empathy as she absorbed his words, understanding the weight of his fears.

"She is the one that should be afraid, Ron."Hermione, always quick to offer wisdom, gently reminded Ron that they were facing a fearsome adversary, implying that the true source of anxiety should be elsewhere.

"No, but I understand you, Ron," she murmured, her voice tinged with a tremor of fear. "I'm scared, too, terrified, really. But there's a reason for everything happening the way it is."

Before Ron could interject, she continued, her words filled with a sense of purpose, "This is the only path to prove Sirius innocent and convince everyone of Voldemort's return. And you know I'd do anything to clear his name."

Hermione, with profound empathy, added, "Also Cedric's death must not be in vain. People need to understand that he was a victim of Voldemort's atrocities."

As Hermione spoke, tears welled in Mia's eyes, her emotions finally breaking free. She sighed and tried to brush away the tears that streaked her cheeks, but they continued to fall, unchecked. Overcome with anguish, she felt the weight of her sorrow expand within her chest, threatening to overwhelm her.

Moved by Mia's tender display of vulnerability, Hermione drew her in a warm embrace, her arms a comforting refuge against the storm of emotions. Ron, his expression heavy with sorrow, inched closer, desperate to offer solace in Mia's time of need.

"Oh, Mia," he murmured, his voice a gentle whisper filled with empathetic compassion.

Mia's response was a cascade of apologies punctuated by heart-wrenching sobs. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sor—"