{13} FEAST & COMMON ROOM

Later, when all the first years were sorted in their houses, all the students were talking to each other

Later, when all the first years were sorted in their houses, all the students were talking to each other. McGonagall dings on a cup.
McGonagall: Your attention, please.
Dumbledore: [rising from his chair] Let the feast... begin. [From the aerial view of the Great Hall, food magically appears on all the tables, and the hall is filled with awe and chatter.]
Mia: Wow.

First-year students looked at the scene with astonished looks on their faces, as well as the professors, and those who graduated a long time ago. Faces reflected a mix of awe, nostalgia, and longing, each person captivated by the depth of emotions on display.

Remus, his voice tinged with a touch of melancholy, voiced the sentiment shared by many in that moment. "Oh, how I miss those days," he uttered softly, his eyes locked onto the screen as if trying to grasp at the ephemeral memories floating there.

Sirius, keenly attuned to his friend's emotions, directed his gaze towards Remus, nodding in silent understanding. His own thoughts traveled back to their first year at Hogwarts, conjuring vivid recollections of their adventures and the dear companions who had walked the halls with them. A wistful smile curled on his lips, and in his eyes, a mixture of fondness and yearning.

"Yes, Remus," Sirius responded, his voice carrying a gentle warmth, "we truly do miss those days." His words floated out, as if carried by a soft breeze that whispered with fond remembrance. The weight of the friendships they had formed, the laughter shared, and the innocence of youth enveloped him once more, leaving behind an ache that time could never fully heal.

Their minds danced with images of James and Lily, and the others who had left an indelible mark on their lives. Memories intertwined with laughter, mischief, and a sense of belonging that could never be replicated. The feeling of kinship remained strong, despite the temporal and emotional distance between them.

Draco looks at all the food, raises his eyebrows and digs in. Ron stuffs his face.

Laughter erupted throughout the Great Hall as Ron enthusiastically indulged in his meal, piling food onto his plate with an insatiable hunger. The amused chuckles filled the air. Ron's face flushed crimson as the attention focused on him, his embarrassment mirroring the shade of his hair.

Seamus: I'm half and half. Me dad's a Muggle. Mam's a witch. Bit of a nasty shock for him when he found out. [Neville laughs. Mia is sitting next to Percy. She leans over.]
Mia: Say, Percy, who's that teacher talking to Professor Quirrell?
Percy: Oh, that's Professor Snape, head of Slytherin house.
Mia: What's he teach?

"Why many questions, Miss Potter?" Severus Snape asked nonchalantly, but his tone seemed curious.

Mia shrugged. "Just curious."

Severus Snape arched an eyebrow, his eyes fixed on Mia Potter as she openly admitted her curiosity. His usual stoic facade seemed momentarily cracked, revealing a faint glimmer of intrigue. It was a rare sight to witness such vulnerability in the enigmatic professor.