{23} NOT REALLY GOING HOME

[In the hospital wing the next day, Mia is lying in bed with her arm bandaged

[In the hospital wing the next day, Mia is lying in bed with her arm bandaged. She awakens, puts on her glasses, and sits up. There are cards and candy all over. Dumbledore approaches her.]
Dumbledore: Good afternoon, Mia. Ah. Tokens from your admirers?
Mia: Admirers?

"You still get shocked every time someone tells you you have an admirer," Remus remarked with a warm smile, observing Mia's reaction with amusement.

"Well, don't blame me," Mia replied, returning the smile. "I've spent most of my life thinking no one knew I existed." Her words carried a bittersweet tone, hinting at the emotional journey that had shaped her perspective.

Dumbledore: What happened down in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret. So, naturally, the whole school knows. [They both smile.]

"Well," Ron began, his voice teetering on the edge of mirth, "now everyone in the school knows."

"Yes," Mia chimed in, joining Ron and Hermione in laughter, finding solace in the lighthearted moment amidst the complexities of their shared experiences. The laughter seemed to momentarily lift the weight of their worries, forging a bond of camaraderie among the friends.

Dumbledore: Ah, I see your friend Ronald has saved you the trouble of opening your Chocolate Frogs.

"Ronald!" Molly scolded her son, her voice tinged with a mix of exasperation and fond exasperation as she addressed his well-meaning but misguided gesture.

Ron, visibly flustered, looked down with a sheepish expression, his cheeks tinged with a deep blush. "She doesn't like the chocolate," he defended himself, attempting to explain his rationale with a touch of defiance in his tone.

Mia, catching the exchange, couldn't help but giggle at the lighthearted moment. "He's right, Mrs. Weasley," she chimed in, offering an understanding smile and effectively diffusing the tension with her good-natured humor.

Mia: Ron was here? Is he all right? What about Hermione?
Dumbledore: Fine. They're both just fine.

"You're the one in the hospital bed, yet you are more worried about us?" Hermione asked

Mia smiled softly, her eyes filled with warmth. "You're my friends. It's only natural for me to worry about you," she replied, her voice reflective of genuine concern and appreciation for their friendship.

Ron and Hermione exchanged a glance, their smiles reflecting a shared sense of understanding and camaraderie with Mia, their loyal friend and steadfast companion in the face of adversity.

"Thanks, Mia," Hermione said, her eyes reflecting gratitude.

"Yeah, thanks," Ron added, nodding appreciatively.

Mia beamed at her friends. "Anytime, you two. We're in this together," she said warmly, her eyes reflecting unwavering loyalty.

Mia: But what happened to the Stone?