{8} GRINGOTTS

Mia and Hagrid continue walking down Diagon AlleyMia: But, Hagrid, how am I to pay for all this? I haven't any money

Mia: But, Hagrid, how am I to pay for all this? I haven't any money.

"That's what I'm wondering," George pondered aloud, expressing his curiosity about a particular matter.

Fred chimed in, echoing George's sentiment and expressing his own shared interest in the same topic. The agreement between the two brothers indicates that they both find the subject intriguing or puzzling, sparking their curiosity to seek answers or further exploration.

Hagrid: Well, there's yer money, Mia. [he points to a tall, white, marble building, Gringotts Bank] Gringotts, the Wizard Bank. T'ain't no safer place, not one. 'Cept perhaps Hogwarts.
[Inside the bank, they walk down the shiny aisle, passing tiny creatures working at their desks.]
Mia: Uh, Hagrid, what exactly are these things?

Mia's face turned red in embarrassment as people around her continued to laugh. However, amidst her embarrassment, she came to a realization - some of the others present must have reacted in a similar way when they encountered something new or overwhelming.

This realization likely brought a sense of empathy and understanding to Mia. She recognized that her initial reaction, which had drawn laughter from some, was not uncommon when faced with unfamiliar or extraordinary situations. This awareness helped her find solace in the fact that she wasn't alone in her response, and that others had likely experienced similar feelings of astonishment and uncertainty before.

Hagrid: They're goblins, Mia. Clever as they come goblins but not the most friendly of beasts. Bes' stay close.

"Clever but scary," Oliver Woods remarked, expressing his opinion on the matter.

"I agree." Mia agrees with Oliver's sentiment,

[Mia sticks to him. Hagrid clears his throat as they approach a counter with a goblin, wearing spectacles and a waistcoat, in it.] Ms. Mia Potter wishes to make a withdrawal.
[The goblin looks up.]
Goblin: And does Ms. Mia Potter have her key?
Hagrid: Professor Dumbledore gave me this. It's about You-Know-What in vault You-Know-Which.
Goblin: Very well. Vault 687. Lamp, please. Key, please.
[Hagrid hands him the key and Griphook unlocks the vault. The room is filled nearly top to bottom with coins. Mia is amazed.]

The revelation shocks not only Mia but also the others in the hall, except for Sirius and Remus, who seem to be unfazed by the information.

Remus explains to Mia that what she has currently is only her trust fund, emphasizing that there is more money waiting for her when she gets older Sirius proudly interjects, further adding to the astonishment of those present. He states that Mia has enough money to pay for whatever she desires. The reactions of the other individuals in the hall indicate that the extent of Mia's wealth is unexpected and potentially even overwhelming.

Hagrid: Didn't think yer mum and dad will leave you with nothing now, did yeh?
[They continue on through the cavern.]

Mia nodded her head.

Griphook: Vault 713.
Mia: What's in there, Hagrid?
Hagrid: Can't tell yeh, Mia. It's Hogwarts business. Very secret.
Griphook: Stand back. [Slides finger down the door. The vault opens to reveal a small white stone package. Hagrid enters the vault and scoops it up. The eerie light it was shining with disappears.]
Hagrid: Bes' not to mention this to anyone, Mia.
[Mia nods in agreement]