{38} DRACO TELLS THE TRUTH

[Mia and Ron walk down a staircase to a corridor

[Mia and Ron walk down a staircase to a corridor.]
Mia as Goyle: I think the Slytherin common room's this way.
Ron as Crabbe: Okay. [Percy approaches them.]
Percy: Excuse me. [Ron gasps.]
"That was you two?" Percy blurted out, his surprise evident in his tone and the sudden widening of his eyes.

"You just saw them turn into Crabbe and Goyle," Fred interjected...

"What's not to get?" George finished, their smug expressions reflecting the playful mischief evident in their voices.

An intense frown etched itself on Percy's brow as he glared at the twins, a mix of exasperation and surprise lingering in his gaze, before he directed his attention back to the unfolding scene on the screen.

"Sorry, Percy," Mia interjected with a quick smile aimed at him, offering a gesture of apology before turning her focus back to the screen, her expression a mix of contrition and a desire to move past the awkward exchange.

Ron as Crabbe: What are you doing down here? [Mia hits him] I mean... [tries to sound like Crabbe] ...what are you doing down here?
Percy: I happen to be a school prefect. You, on the other hand, have no business wandering the corridors at this time of night. What are your names again?

"Of course, we don't understand anything. We're only trying to save everyone, but it's fine," Ron vented, his frustration clearly evident in his words.

Mia as Goyle: Uh, I'm...
Draco: [entering the corridor] Crabbe, Goyle, where have you two been? Pigging out in the Great Hall all this time?

In a hushed tone, Blaise cautiously asked Draco, "Did you just save them?" His eyes held a mixture of astonishment and perplexity, as if trying to make sense of an unexpected twist.

"To be fair, I didn't know it was them," Draco responded, his voice carrying a hint of defensiveness mixed with a touch of rationalization, as if attempting to justify his actions.

"I still can't wrap my head around it. Malfoy, of all people, unintentionally came to our rescue," Ron exclaimed, his disbelief evident in his tone and expression, eyebrows furrowed in disbelief and amazement.

"Yeah, it's hard to fathom," Mia chimed in, her voice tinged with a mix of wonder and skepticism, as if she was still trying to process the unexpected turn of events, her eyes darting around the room as if searching for an explanation.

Draco: [notices Mia's glasses] Why are you wearing glasses?
Mia as Goyle: [taking the glasses off] Oh, um, reading.
Draco: Reading? I didn't know you could read.

Giggling could be heard echoing from around the hall.

[Draco turns to Percy] And what are you doing down here, Weasley?
Percy: Mind your attitude, Malfoy. [Draco leads Mia and Ron away. Arriving in the Slytherin common room, Draco lounges on a sofa.]
Draco: Well, sit down. [Mia and Ron take seats on another sofa.]