{36} ACCUSATIONS

[Out in the corridor, she hears the voice again

[Out in the corridor, she hears the voice again.] Ominous Voice: Blood. I want bloooood. [Mia feels the wall as she continues down the corridor] They all must die. Kill... kill... kill! Time... to... kill...

As the haunting sound echoed through the room, everyone's nerves skyrocketed once again.

"Oh my God," Hermione exclaimed in fear, her voice tense with unease as she shuddered at the mysterious hoarse tone.

How Mia hadn't succumbed to paralyzing fear by now, she would never know. But then again, what was she thinking? It was Mia. She wasn't one to hide and wait for danger to pass.

"The voice is back," a younger student spoke up, the unease evident in their voice, sending shivers down the backs of everyone in the room.

"Does that mean there's going to be another attack?" Colin asked with a tremor of fear in his voice, expressing the anxiety shared by many in the room.

He was somewhat relieved that he had been petrified first, next to Mrs. Norris, because he didn't think he could turn against Mia. But he hadn't known what really happened afterward. Now he was getting the chance to witness it for himself, alongside the rest of Hogwarts.

"Did someone die?" Sirius asked, a note of fear evident in his voice as he braced himself for the answer, dreading what might have occurred.

Mia glanced at Ron and Hermione, seeking an answer that wouldn't distress Sirius further. After a moment, she shrugged as she replied, "Not in that particular moment, no. But in the year itself, yes, in a way. But it certainly wasn't any of the good guys. Also not whom you would expect."

The statement left everyone in the room, except for Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Dumbledore, looking at Mia in a mix of confusion and concern.

"What?" Remus demanded quietly, his expression mirroring his confusion and concern.

"You'll see," Mia replied cryptically, frustrating those around her as she turned her attention back to the screen, a sense of foreboding settling over the room.

[Mia turns a corner and discovers Nearly Headless Nick, petrified with his head partially detached and floating in place. On the floor just a few feet away is Justin Finch-Fletchey, also petrified.]

"Isn't that the kid everyone thought you had told the snake to attack?" Sirius asked, a knowing look in his eyes as he inquired about the notorious incident.

"Yes," Mia replied, her voice heavy with the weight of the accusation that had plagued her for so long.

"You really have bad luck, mate," Ron commented sympathetically, shaking his head as he considered the unjust circumstances that seemed to follow Mia.

"Tell me about it," Mia muttered, her gaze fixed on the screen. The memories and implications of that accusation still lingered, casting a shadow over the present moment.