{22} FIGHTING HIM

[Mia walks down the stairs slowly

[Mia walks down the stairs slowly. Halfway down, she winces, feeling her scar burning, and sees Professor Quirrell standing before the Mirror of Erised.]
Mia: You? [Quirrell turns to face her]

Silence enveloped the room as everyone's eyes locked onto the screen in absolute astonishment at the unexpected twist. It was the very last thing they had anticipated. Moments later, as the reality sank in, an uproar erupted, and the air was filled with their bewildered exclamations.

"NO WAY!"

"Merlin's beard!"

"I refuse to believe this," Dean said, shaking his head in disbelief.

"I thought it was him this whole time!" Fred exclaimed to his brother, referring to snape as he expressed his own shock and surprise.

"You're not alone mate," George agreed, his wide eyes reflecting the disbelief in the room.

"This is beyond crazy. I mean, Quirrell? Seriously? I never saw that coming. Blimey, who would have thought!"

Mia: No, i-it can't be. Snape,h-he was the one—
Quirrell: Yes, he does seem the type, doesn't he? Next to him, who would suspect p-p-p-poor, st-stuttering Professor Quirrell?

"HE WAS FAKING IT?!" Draco exclaimed.

"That was so convincing," Pansy added, clearly taken aback by the revelation.

Mia: But-but that day, during the Quidditch match, Snape tried to kill me.
Quirrell: [smiling evilly] No, dear girl. I tried to kill you! [Mia eyes him in disbelief and confusion] And trust me, if Snape's cloak hadn't caught fire and broken my eye contact, I would have succeeded. Even with Snape muttering his little countercurse.
Mia: Snape was trying to save me?

Mia's eyes met Snape's, and she offered a small, bemused smile. Snape froze in his place, surprise flickering across his features at the unexpected gesture from her.

Sirius's brow furrowed deeply as he struggled to come to terms with the notion of Snape protecting Mia. "I can't believe this," he muttered, his tone a mix of disbelief and frustration.

Remus glanced at Sirius and nodded, a silent acknowledgment of gratitude for Snape's actions in their absence. "At least she's safe for now," he murmured, his voice tinged with relief.

Quirrell: I knew you were a danger to me right from the off. Especially after Halloween.
Mia: Then-then you let the troll in!

"He did everything you thought Professor Snape did," Ginny told her, her voice tinged with a mix of realization and amazement. Her eyes were wide with astonishment as she tried to process the unexpected turn of events.

Ron furrowed his brows. "I still can't believe it. He was protecting you." he mumbled, his gaze fixed on Snape, who was now fidgeting uncomfortably under her scrutiny.