{19} THE FORBIDDEN FOREST

In the library, Mia and Ron are seated, reading until Hermione comes up with a huge book and thumps it onto the table making Mia jump

When she slammed the massive book onto the table, it startled several people, causing them to jump in surprise as well.

Hermione: I had you looking in the wrong section. How could I be so stupid? I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading.
Ron: This is light?
Hermione: Of course! Here it is! [as she reads the description in the page] Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone.

"What's that?" someone asked, their curiosity piqued

"It's something bad people want," Ron responded, prompting several heads to turn toward him, their expressions reflecting a mix of confusion and concern.

"Bad... people?" Sirius questioned, his tone carrying a hint of apprehension.

"You don't mean him, do you?" Remus asked Mia in a low voice, his concern evident in the gentle yet cautious tone of his query, as he hoped for a negative response.

Mia met Remus's gaze, her affirmation conveyed through a solemn nod, acknowledging the gravity of the situation without needing to vocalize it.

Ron and Mia: The what?
Hermione: Honestly, don't you two read? "The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It'll transform any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life which will make the drinker immortal."

"That's impossible," Neville remarked with a skeptical expression.

"You think being immortal is impossible when magic exists?" Dean retorted, giving Neville a bemused look as if to suggest he had missed the point entirely.

Neville simply smiled.

Ron: Immortal?
Hermione: It means you'll never die.
Ron: I know what it means!
Mia: Shh!

Bill chuckled. "I know you're sick and tired of them fighting every day."

Mia nodded vigorously in agreement. "Every day? Try every minute."

The situation prompted laughter, a lighthearted release of the tension that had been hanging in the air.

Hermione: "The only Stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist who last year celebrated his 665th birthday." That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor. The Philosopher's Stone. [They all look at each other in concern.]

Molly widened her eyes in shock. "Why would there be something so dangerous in a school where our children are meant to be protected and in a safe environment?"