{31} DID MIA WRITE ON THE WALL?

[Later that evening, Mia is doing her detention with Lockhart

[Later that evening, Mia is doing her detention with Lockhart.]
Lockhart: Mia, Mia, Mia. Can you possibly imagine a better way to serve detention than by helping me to answer my fan mail?

"Bastard!" Hemrione and Ron simultaneously voiced their disdain, shooting a disapproving look at the screen.

"You know," Mia began, turning to her friends, "despite being a complete idiot, he did have a sense of humor."

Ron and Hermione exchanged puzzled glances, uncertain about Mia's sudden change of opinion.

Leaning towards Hermione, Ron whispered, "I don't think she got enough sleep last night."

Hermione nodded in agreement, attributing Mia's unusual sentiment to fatigue.

Mia playfully swatted at them. "Oh, come on, you two."

Mia: Not really.
Lockhart: Fame is a fickle friend, Mia. Celebrity is as celebrity does. Remember that. [As Lockhart picks up another fan letter]

"Was he really that bad?" Molly inquired, her curiosity piqued by the intense reactions from Mia, Ron, and Hermione.

"I don't hate people for no reason," Mia explained firmly, catching Sirius's attention with her serious tone.

Molly, attempting to understand the animosity towards the character in question, voiced her thoughts. "I doubt that he's a bad guy."

Ron, recalling past events, warned his mother, "Trust me, Mum, you'll hate him before this movie even ends."

Concerned and eager to comprehend the situation, Molly urged Ron to explain the source of his distress with the character. "What do you mean? What happened, Ron?" she probed, desperate for clarity.

"It'll be better to watch it. That way, it'll probably be easier for you to believe and understand why we're so angry at him," Mia suggested, endeavoring to find common ground between Ron and his mother.

"Okay," Molly relented, pausing her questioning for the time being. She squeezed Arthur's hand, feeling a rising sense of unease in her stomach. The adults, still perplexed, turned their attention back to the screen, eager to witness the unfolding events for themselves.

[Mia begins to hear an ominous, inhuman voice.]
Ominous Voice: Come... [Mia looks up] come... come to me... come to me...

The room fell into a tense hush as a voice reverberated around them, a haunting reminder that they were mere spectators to events that had already transpired.

Amidst the unease, the question lingered whether Lockhart had heard the voice as well. Concerned for Mia, Sirius broke the silence, prompting every gaze to converge on her.

"What was that?" Remus inquired, mirroring Sirius's care and apprehension.

Mia responded cautiously, unsure of how her truth would be received by those around her. With a shrug, she briefly conveyed the weight of the situation, leaving a solemn air to settle over the room as everyone grappled with the implications of her words.