{16} TROLL IN THE DUNGEON

Outside in the courtyard, day time

Outside in the courtyard, day time. Oliver and Mia appear, carrying a trunk. They put it down.

"I have seen Oliver play. You're in good hands," Remus assured Mia.

"I know," Mia replied with a smile.

Oliver, who had overheard their conversation, glanced at the screen and smiled, reassured by their confidence in his abilities.

Oliver: Quidditch is easy enough to understand.

Those with experience playing and understanding Quidditch nodded their heads in agreement with the Gryffindor captain's words.

Meanwhile, those who were new to the sport were excited to learn more about the intricacies of Quidditch, their curiosity piqued by the conversation.

Each time has seven players. Three Chasers, two Beaters, one Keeper and a Seeker. That's you. There are three kinds of balls. [picks up a red one] This one's called the Quaffle. Now, the chasers handle the Quaffle and try to put it through one of those three hoops. [Points to the hoops in the Quidditch pitch in the distance.] The keeper, that's me, defends the hoops. [throws ball to Mia.] With me so far?
Mia: [throws back] I think so.

"Won't blame you if you're confused. Your father didn't understand the game until hours before the match," Sirius said with a snicker.

Mia laughed as well. "Really?"

"Yeah, your father wasn't the smartest when it came to figuring things out," Remus told her with a chuckle, sharing in the lighthearted jest about her father's past Quidditch misadventures.

Mia: What are those? [points to two squirming chained down balls.]

"The worst!" a Ravenclaw Quidditch player, who once got hit by a painful Bludger hit, exclaimed.

First-year students looked at him in confusion, wondering why the ball was considered the worst.

After all, at first glance, it was just a ball,

right?

Oliver: You better take this. [hands Mia a small bat. He bends down and releases one ball. With an angry growl, it flies off into the air. The two watch it.] Careful now, it's coming back.

Mia whispered to herself, "Oh, be careful, Mia. This one hurt like crazy."

Remus furrowed his brow. "Why are you reacting as if you've been hit by it before?"

Mia glanced at Remus and then back at the screen. "Well..."

[The balls comes whizzing down, and Mia cracks at it with the bat. The ball soars off through a statue, surprisingly without damaging it.] Not bad, Mia. You'd make a fair Beater. Uh-oh.