{40} HERMIONE IS PETRIFIED

Mia: It was Hagrid

Mia: It was Hagrid. Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago.
Hermione: It can't be Hagrid. It just can't be.
Ron: We don't even know this Tom Riddle. He sounds like a dirty rotten snitch to me.

Mia leaned in towards Ron and whispered softly, "You weren't wrong."

A smile spread across Ron's face as he took in Mia's words, a silent acknowledgment passing between them. Hermione, noticing the exchange, glanced over at them for a moment, shaking her head before refocusing on the unfolding scenes of the movie.

Just before turning her attention back to the movie, Hermione leaned toward Ron and Mia, her voice barely above a whisper as she added, "I don't even know why we thought it was him," a hint of self-reflection coloring her words. The gentle murmur of the movie filled the room as the trio settled back into watching.

Mia: The monster killed someone, Ron. What would any of us have done?

"The very same thing you're doing right now?" Dean quipped with a raised eyebrow, his tone laced with amusement and a touch of sarcasm.

The room fell into a moment of lightheartedness as everyone, including the trio, responded with nods of agreement.

Hermione: Look, Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go and ask him about it?
Ron: That'll be a cheerful visit. "Hello, Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?" [Hagrid walks up behind them.]
Hagrid: Mad and hairy? You wouldn't be talking about me, now would ya?

"Now I know why they were acting weird back then," Hagrid mused to himself, his thoughts uncovering a new layer of understanding as he reflected on past events.

Mia, Ron, and Hermione: [simultaneously] No [There is an awkward moment of silence.]
Mia: What's that you've got, Hagrid?
Hagrid: Oh, it's Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent. For the Mandrakes, you know. Now, according to Professor Sprout, we'll be able to chop 'em up and stew 'em, and then we'll get those people down at the hospital unpetrified. In the meantime, though, you three had best be looking after yourselves, all right? [He turns to leave. At the same time, Parvati rushes in.] Hello, Parvati.
Parvati: [running up to Mia] Mia, I don't know who did it, but you'd better come! C'mon!

"What happened now?" McGonagall sighed in frustration, her exasperation palpable as she contemplated the latest turn of events, her eyebrows furrowing with concern.

The repetitive occurrences of unusual events at Hogwarts always seemed to involve the trio, particularly Mia, making them the focal point of perplexing situations that perplexed even the most seasoned teachers.

"You three just can't catch a break, huh?" Charlie remarked, his tone carrying a hint wry humor, a knowing look in his eyes as he observed the trio.

"I'm actually starting to feel bad for you all," Pansy said with a note of genuine concern, causing Draco, Blaise, and Theo to exchange puzzled glances in response to her uncharacteristically empathetic statement. Pansy simply shrugged, maintaining her nonchalant demeanor even.