{41} PROVING HAGRID'S INNOCENCE BY FOLLOWING THE SPIDERS

[Mia and Ron exit the cabin and glance to their left at the window, to see the spiders scurrying out the window, down the side of the house, towards the Forbidden Forest

[Mia and Ron exit the cabin and glance to their left at the window, to see the spiders scurrying out the window, down the side of the house, towards the Forbidden Forest.]
Mia: Come on.
Ron: [fearfully] What?

Mia couldn't help but stifle a quiet chuckle, earning another bemused glance from Ron. Their shared moment of levity elicited chuckles from some of the other people in the Hall, who found amusement in Ron's cracked voice as well.

Mia: You heard what Hagrid said: "Follow the spiders."
Ron: They're heading to the Dark Forest! [Mia walks towards the forest, carrying Hagrid's lantern; Ron reluctantly follows] Why spiders? Why couldn't it be "follow the butterflies"?

"You guys can't seriously be considering going back into the Forest after what happened last year?"

The two exchanged a guilty look. "We need answers.

"You lot have no sense of self-preservation," Percy chided, shaking his head in disbelief.

"You two are absolutely bonkers!" added Hermione, her tone a mixture of concern and exasperation.

"We needed answers and this was the only way to get them... at the time," Mia explained with a touch of regret, acknowledging the risks they had taken in pursuit of the truth.

Ron: [Mia and Ron walk through the forest, following the spiders] Mia, I don't like this. Mia, I don't like this at all.

As the two students ventured further into the Forest, a palpable sense of concern and unease spread through the Hall. A heavy silence descended, permeating the air with a somber and serious atmosphere. The tension in the room was tangible, and everyone's worry for the safety of the two friends was evident in their hushed expressions and nervous glances. The weight of the impending danger weighed heavily on the gathered crowd, each passing moment amplifying the collective apprehension.

Mia: Shush! [they follow the spiders to a tunnel underneath a tree root]
Ron: Can we go back now?

Sirius and Molly pleaded in desperation, "Please, go back now."

Mia: Come on.

The collective frustration and fear in the Hall erupted into a chorus of groans and urgent cries.

"No!"

"Go back!"

"Get out of that damned Forest!"

"Just leave for goodness sake!" Remus' voice pierced through the turmoil, his plea echoing the sentiments of many in the room.

[They follow the spiders into the tunnel; as they go, a slightly bigger spider descends behind them. The tunnel leads to a massive clearing; above them, numerous spiders, bigger than the ones they're following, watch silently. The spiders lead Mia and Ron to a foreboding mound. The sound of branches breaking is heard.]