{34} WE ARE NO LONGER SAFE

[In the hospital wing, Draco Malfoy lays in a hospital bed, moaning, with Crabbe, Goyle, and one of his teammates at his bedside as Madame Pomfrey comes in carrying a bottle of Skele-Gro

[In the hospital wing, Draco Malfoy lays in a hospital bed, moaning, with Crabbe, Goyle, and one of his teammates at his bedside as Madame Pomfrey comes in carrying a bottle of Skele-Gro.]

Many in the room rolled their eyes at Malfoy's actions, recognizing his tendency to seek sympathy and attention. The collective response indicated a shared exasperation with his behavior. Meanwhile, Lucius and Narcissa, witnessing the scene, remained silent, unable to find any words to address the situation,

Madame Pomfrey: Oh, Mr. Malfoy. Stop making such a fuss. You can go. [moves to Mia's bed, where the Gryffindor Quidditch team, as well as Colin, Ron, and Hermione are all gathered] Out of my way. Out of my way. Should've been brought straight to me. I can mend bones in a heartbeat, but growing them back...
Hermione: You will be able to, won't you?
Madame Pomfrey: Oh, I'll be able to, certainly. But it'll be painful. [pours Skele-Gro into a glass] You're in for a rough night, Potter. Regrowing bones is a nasty business.

"Good luck drinking that," Sirius said with a grimace, his expression showing genuine disgust.

"You tried that before?" Mia asked, her face a mixture of curiosity and amusement as she looked at Sirius, her eyes bright with interest.

"Not me, your father did," Sirius replied, a small smile playing at the corners of his mouth. "I still remember that day," he added, chuckling softly as if the memory brought him joy.

Remus, who had been listening quietly, interjected, "I remember that. James insisted that can drink that, but we all knew he just wanted to show off." He wore a nostalgic smile, his eyes glinting with fond recollection.

[hands the glass of Skele-Gro to Mia; she drinks it, then, disgusted by the taste of it, spits it out and winces]

The room filled with collective flinches and sounds of disgust. Several individuals had their own experiences of visiting the hospital wing due to broken bones, yet none could recall a situation where someone had required their bones to be regrown, aside from Mia. This realization evoked a deep sense of sympathy and empathy among them, reinforcing the strength of their bond as they collectively felt sorry for Mia.

Well, what do you expect, pumpkin juice? [puts the glass on the bedside table it is nighttime; Mia is sound asleep when she suddenly hears the foreboding voice again.]
Ominous Voice: Kill. [Mia awakens] Kill. [she looks around]

The reappearance of the voice shattered the fragile calm that had settled in the room, sending a collective shiver down everyone's spine. Most of the people present started to tremble in fear, their nerves surging once more in response to the ominous presence.

"It's back?" Draco's voice quivered with fear as he expressed his concern amidst the growing tension.

"Who's it killing?" Tonks asked, her words reflecting the shared apprehension and uncertainty that gripped the room.