{24} A NEEDED BREAK

As the credits began to roll, Professor Dumbledore stood up and clapped his hands together, calling for a one-hour break

As the credits began to roll, Professor Dumbledore stood up and clapped his hands together, calling for a one-hour break. The room began to buzz as everyone started chatting about what happened, many emotions were in the room, excitement, amusement, frightened and anger. Mia Potter, however, felt a different kind of emotion surging through her.

It took her a few minutes to wrap her head around what she had just witnessed. She couldn't believe that everyone had just watched her life. The thought of what was about to come next overwhelmed her, and without a word, she stood and quietly made her way out of the room, leaving the chatter and laughter behind. Her heart was heavy, and she needed a moment to collect herself.

As she entered the bathroom, she took a deep breath and let the coolness of the tiles soothe her. But she had barely taken a moment before she heard footsteps approaching. Mia braced herself, expecting someone to come in and offer her well-meaning but ultimately empty platitudes. To her surprise, it was Hermione who appeared in the doorway.

Hermione looked at Mia with gentle concern in her eyes. "Are you okay, Mia?" she asked softly.

Mia felt a surge of relief and nodded. "I'm just... I don't know. It's a lot to take in, you know?"

Hermione nodded understandingly and moved closer. "I can't even imagine how you must be feeling right now. But you don't have to go through this alone. We're all here for you, Mia."

Mia looked up at Hermione, her eyes reflecting a mixture of vulnerability and gratitude. "I appreciate that, Hermione. But this is so much to process. It's like my whole world has been laid bare for everyone to see."

Hermione squeezed Mia's hand reassuringly. "I can't imagine how jarring that must be. But just remember, you have a whole support system here. We care about you, Mia. You're not alone in this."

Mia nodded, feeling the weight of Hermione's words ease some of the tension in her shoulders. "Thank you, Hermione. I don't know what's going to happen next, but knowing that you and the others are with me means a lot."

Hermione smiled warmly. "Of course, we'll be with you every step of the way. And whatever comes, we'll face it together."

Mia drew in a deep breath, finding a newfound sense of strength in Hermione's unwavering support. "Thank you for being here, Hermione. I think I can face the next part of this journey with all of you standing beside me."

Hermione nodded resolutely. "Absolutely. And don't forget, Ron will be right there with us too. You're not alone in this, Mia."

Mia's lips curved into a faint smile. "I won't forget."

As they made their way back to the great hall,, she found Sirius and Remus waiting for her with concern etched on their faces. Hermione smiled softly at them at gave them a space to talk.