Chapter 2: Nightmare

[WINFREY MANSION]

"The McCarthy family seems to be the best to collaborate with. I've talked to Taylor about it and he agreed" Mr Steven said his son whose eyes was focused on the food before him.

"Good" He replied short stabbing one of his steak with his fork.

"Her name is Chantel McCarthy, she came back just today. You should meet her" His mom Mrs Helen suggested.

"There's no need, I've done what you always wanted so I think we should just proceed with the wedding as soon as possible" Dominic said.

"You don't seem happy about it" Mr Steven raised his brow.

"I told you I have no interest in marriage, but since it's going to benefit the company and the family then I'll do it" He answered calmly.

"Are you still not over her yet?" The question came unexpected and Dominic finally looked up at him.

"Yes I am"

"Then why haven't you seen a girl since she left?" He asked.

A loud clashing metal sound as Dominic dropped his fork in annoyance.

"I'm going upstairs, it's such an hectic day. I need rest" he said walking upstairs.

Helen gave Steven a glare.

"What?" He blinked.

"You should have asked him such a question. What if he decides to change his mind about the marriage?" She asked.

"No he won't. Beside shouldn't he be over Laura already? It's been years"

***

"Ma... What?!" Chantel exclaimed hearing the news from her father. She is getting Married?

"Are you fucking kidding me!!" She exclaimed again as her blood raised. She knew she shouldn't have came here in the first place.

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me young lady. This is beneficial for you and the family" Mr Taylor said.

"Beneficial, why do you always think you can control my life?!"

"You are my daughter and I only want the best for you.. do you Know how good this is to us?! We should be happy they gave the marriage proposal to us" Mr Taylor said trying to make some sense.

"What about my happiness. I'm not ready for marriage. Especially not with someone I know nothing about!" Chantel scoffed.

"The marriage is accepted already and the groom won't take it lightly if we decline what is already accepted"

"Why can't you tell me before taking such an offer!"

"Because I know this would be your reaction. Next week is the marriage, the Winfrey family isn't someone that takes no for an answer. You're getting married and you're going to be under a strong surveillance until that happens" He said.

"Mom?" Chantel turned to her mother who was quiet the whole time.

Katerina lips opened and and closed without a word coming out.

"Get yourself prepared" He said walking out on them.

"Chant, I and your father thought about it and like your father said Winfrey family do not take no for an answer. They are the most feared company..."

"What about me mom, what about my happiness?" She asked.

"Y..you need to understand PL..lease"

"I can't believe you!" she yelled walking out.