Chapter 63: A situation

"Are you hard? Mr. President?"
_______

Lucas expression remain the same though he was shocked by her boldness. She is just as crazy the business world had called her. Well this is going to be exciting.

"Let's back to business" he said and retreated himself from her and went to sit.

Avery also sit too, she head held high.

"So we'll start by getting to know some of the business men and women who are going to help us with this contract.. There's a function coming up tomorrow evening, make sure you are present" Lucas said.

"Okay" Avery replied.

"Max!" Lucas called out and Max stepped in.

"Give Mrs Winfrey her system. She can start her job right away" Lucas said.

Avery stand on her feet and face Max.

"Where's my office?" She asked.

Max gave Lucas a look.

"There's no office ma'am, you are to work here in this office" Max replied.

"What?" Avery exclaimed and turn her head to look at Lucas. She is going to be seeing this man the whole day? Even Chloe was surprised by what Max just said.

"We are to work in the same office?" Avery asked raising her brow up.

"Yes, do you have any problem with that?" Lucas asked, having a mischief look on his face.

"Can I ask why?" She asked with a a frown.

"I want you to get serious with the work. And by doing that, I need you to stay where my eyes can reach you easily Mrs Winfrey" Lucas said then sit in his seat.

Avery took her lowered lips in, this man is slowly tasting her patient. "Can you handle it?" She asked.

Lucas looked up to her in confusion. "Handle what?" He asked.

"Nevermind" she said and turn to face Max. "Get me the equipment" she demanded.

"Yes, Mrs President" Max said and left.

"Chloe will be working with Max for the meantime. You and I will be working together" Lucas said.

'Oh no, President Lucas doesn't know what he is getting himself into' Chloe thought as she shifted her gaze to Avery. Only she knows how the lady can be a pain in the ass.

"Okay, since it's your company.. you can do whatever you want" Avery agreed and sat on the chair prepared for her.

Chloe gave her a look as if asking if she is going to be okay. Avery gave her a wink in return.

Max bought the system and set it before Avery. Chloe gave them one last look before leaving with Max.

Silence rented the room as they both began to work.

Avery opened her purse, and pull out a red lipstick. She began to apply it making a smacking sound with her lips.

Lucas closed his eyes in annoyance, he opened them again and look at Avery.

"Can you stop doing that?" He asked.

"Doing what?" She asked.

"Stop making sounds with you lips" he said.

"My lips are dry so I keep them wet every 30 minutes" she said.

"Every 30 minutes?" Lucas asked in disbelief.

"Yeah" Avery shrugged and then Lucas looked away.

After a few minutes he heard another noise coming from her. He looked up and his lips parted in surprise.

Avery was busy stretching her arms and legs.. doing some simple exercise. Seriously, what is wrong with her?

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Exercise of course, I do it everyday at work, my doctor said exercise is one of the most important daily activities in the life of a human. It helps in a lot of ways. Your blood circulation, your brain, your heart, your...."

A loud thud make her stop talking. Lucas had hit his hand in his table.

"Oh my, that scared me" she snapped.

"Are you doing this just for me to change my mind?" He asked.

"Is your mind changed?" She asked.

"No" he replied.

****

(WINS ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY)

"Let me in please, it's really important" A lady pleaded with the receptionist. Her cloth was a bit torn, her face look a bit dirty.

"Ma'am, I can't allow you in to go see the artist. He is currently busy, you can come back next time" the receptionist spoke calmly.

"No all I've been doing is waiting.. I really do want to see the president or Mr Calton, please" The lady pleaded again.

"Mrs I..."

When the lady saw the receptionist won't allow her in, she run further into the building.

"Hey!" The receptionist called out but the lady didn't stop until she got into the elevator. She called the security but the elevator closed already.

Getting to up, the lady went straight to a dressing room.

"Calton!!" The lady called. Her voice was a bit hoarse as she storm into the place.

Calton stopped whatever he was doing and turn to look at the lady. Her eyes brimmed with tears making him wonder what is going on.

"How may I help you?" He asked.

"Y.. you don't remember me?" She asked having tears running down her cheek.

Elsa could only stare. She would have known if this woman is acting but she wasn't, that alone baffled her little.

The lady gaze moved to Elsa and hatred filled them. "You, witch!" She snapped at her.

"Hey watch your mouth!" Calton walked close to her a little.

"Maybe it's because of the stain on my face.. please Calton recognize me. It's me Delphine.." she said quickly as the security stormed in. They grab her from both side and take her out of the place.

"Calton" Delphine's voice echoed.

Elsa let out a a breath. "It's fine now. I'm sure that's a fans who badly wants to meet you"

Calton didn't reply as the lady's words rang over and over in his head.

Delphine?
____

At night Chantel served Dominic's dinner before him. She sat and her rest her head on his broad chest for comfort.

"I've been thinking we should go on a vacation, just me and you" Dominic said lightly.

"That's a great idea hubby, but need to take of something first" Chantel said.

"Who is making you worried again. Is it the children?" He asked raising his brow.

"No, I just feel this is not the right time for me to leave yet" She said.

"Okay, anything for you wife. Let me know if you need anything.. I'll always be there" Dominic said patting her hair.

Just then, Rana's call came in..

"Hello" Chantel answered immediately.

"We have a situation"

"Spill it"

"A lady came into the company today looking for Calton. She looked all tattered and unkept" Rana said.

"Sigh.. so what did she say?" Chantel asked.

"Well the thing is.." Rana stopped and sucked in her breath. "She claimed to have a child for Calton"