Chapter 18: Business marriage

"He must be stupid"

Kyle's blood boils as his fist clinched tightly. He have never been so humiliated in his life this way.

His eyes were on fire as he stared at him.

Kyle stepped backward before turning to leave them. He swore to make them regret sooner or later. He left the place and head home.

Chantel turned Dominic and sighed. "Thanks" she whispered.

"My pleasure, let go" he replied leading her towards his parent while holding her slim waist.

"Sorry I was busy chatting with some friends, that was why I could greet you well" Helen said with a smile. She's nice.

Mr Steven cleared his throat then asked. "How's your work?" He asked.

Sensing the unpleasing look from him, Chantel knew he is against her work, that's why he is acting a but weird to her.

"Her work is fine thank you" Dominic replied instead. He gave his father a look asking him not to start.

"Come, allow me introduce you to some people" Helen went to hold her hand taking her away from Dominic.

Mr Steven stood beside his son. "I hope you remember this is just a business marriage. We might call it off any day.. you know the reason" he said before leaving.

Dominic stood with a blank look not knowing what to think. His gaze was on Chantel chatting with some women.

'It's just a business marriage' his father word repeated in his head. Right, he must have forgotten the fact this marriage is for business.

"Mrs Winfrey is a kind woman" Chantel comment while they were being drive home.

"Hmm" Dominic gave a short reply while staring at the document before him.

Chantel frowned, what's with him all of a sudden.

"I got to know more people. It's really going to boost my career. Tonight's party is great don't you think?" She asked.

"Hmm" came another reply from him.

"Is everything okay?" She couldn't help but asked.

"Why do you care?" he asked still not looking at her.

"You're kidding right, what's with the cold attitude?" She frowned.

"This is how I am. Beside we promised not to go into each others business. Let's keep our distinct just like before. It's a business marriage after all" He said keeping his eyes on the document.

"So all you did at the party was just an act?" She asked in disbelief.

"We should look like a real couples in the eyes of people. There's no need to do that once we are alone" He said.

"What!! What about last night?" She can't believe these words are coming from this man.

"There's nothing about it" he said.

Her eyes widened hearing this. It took a while before she could digest it.

"Stop the car!" Chantel ordered the driver and he did.

Dominic frowned then finally look up at her. The anger on her face made him felt something strange.

She opened door.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

She slam the door with a loud thud.

"Screw you Dom!!" She yelled walking the opposite direction of where the car was heading.