Chapter 60: Rejected

"you are such a good dancer" he said with a small smile on his face.
_____

Silence dragged on between both of them as Avery stared at him in shock. She wish the ground could just open up and swallow her. With swift move, she reached the elevator button and pushed it.

"Wait!" He exclaimed and made to hold the elevator. Luckily, he was fast enough.

Avery cursed under her breath when the door opened again. She avert her gaze and watch him stepped in through the corner of her eyes. The door closed and she stood straight, having her cold aura again.

Silence dragged on between them again. He was tall and built probably three times her size, his scent was alluring.

Lucas Xander,the second son of the Xander cooperation. One of the biggest cooperation on new York. He is many women dreams, he have a cheerful around him with a crazy vibe... But when it comes with business and rivals, he becomes a strict devil.

"Good morning Mrs president" Lucas deep voice broke the silence.

"Morning" Avery replied shortly. She still feel uncomfortable, she was still scolding herself inwardly.

"You didn't reply to your message yesterday" Lucas said.

"I wasn't interested?" Avery replied straight forwardly.

"What?" He frowned looking at her.

"I'm not repeating myself" She said.

"But it seems you are free.. right now" Lucas said.

"As you can see, I'm busy with work. Going out to some fancy restaurant to have a meal is not my thing to do" She said. .

"Oh wait.." Lucas scoffed out of disbelief. "Do you really think I was asking if you are free just to take you out?" He asked.

"Yes, that's what all men do. We've only known met each other twice and yet you messaged me yesterday night, asking if I'm free" She said still not sparing a glance at him.

"This is unbelievable" he mumbled.

The door opened and she step out first while Lucas followed her behind. 'Why is he following me?' Avery thought to herself as she kept on walking. Getting to her office she turn to look at him since he still haven't retreat.

"Are you stalking me?" She asked.

"I'm here to see the president of this company" Lucas replied lightly.

"What?" Avery didn't get what he meant.

"President Avery!" Chloe's called them and they both looks at her at the same time.

"Mr Lucas, I'm glad you show up" Chloe said to the man behind Avery.

"Wait, you knew he'll be here and you didn't think you should inform me?" Avery asked raising her brow.

"I called you last night several times Avery but you didn't pick up. Mr Lucas is here because of the contract we just got. He is here to talk about it and schedule the date on when we are going to sign the contract" Chloe said. Avery swallowed nothing. He is here for the contract?

"He said he texted if you are free today but you didn't reply that was why he texted me" Chloe said. Avery swallowed again remembering what she had said at the elevator. Oh what have she done? She turn to look at Lucas who have a blank look on his face.

"I.. I..." "It's okay, there's no need for you to stretch it. Let's discuss about the contract" Lucas said. Chloe pouted her lips wondering what's happening between the two of them.