Chapter 24: Hubby

"Stop the car" Dominic suddenly ordered and Enzo stopped the car immediately.

"What's wrong boss?" Enzo asked.

Dominic couldn't help but feel strange about something but then, his phone beeped and Chantel's message come in.

*HEY DEMON, THANKS FOR THE LUNCH*

Is he just overeating, but what about the person he saw earlier.

"Go back to the restaurant" he demanded.

The car drove back to the restaurant and he spot the lady he saw trying to call someone.

Enzo scoffed seeing her too.

"Rana?" Dominic called.

Rana who heard her name turn back to face him. Her facial expression made him frown.

"Where's Chantel?" She asked immediately.

"She just head home, what happened?" Dominic asked getting a bad feeling about this.

"I think she's in trouble.."

Just those few words are enough to make Dominic aura changed. He head towards his car then drive off instantly with Enzo.

She took her phone again and continue calling Chantel's number.

Back where Chantel was....

He turn his slowly turn his head to Chantel. There was a gun on his right hand.

Chantel saw this and turn to run but two gunshots sounded...

____

She halt then shut her eyes tightly.

"Don't you move" Came a cold warning from the guy. He had actually shot the air twice.

Chantel slowly open her eyes hearing the guy's footsteps coming closer to her. She knows what his next move will be.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"Just stay where you are if you still love yourself" He warned still stepping close.

Sensing he was close enough, Chantel turn to stop the guy from stabbing her with the sedative. She grab his arm before kicking him hard on the stomach.

Her move was fast..

Grabbing him by the hair, she hit his head several time on the car window. The guy bleed from his nose and his forehead too. She kick him on the face using her heels before grabbing the gun from the floor.

Exhaling deeply she raised the gun then point it towards his face.

"Remove the mask" she demanded.

The guy shivered on his spot. Who woukd have thought a lady like her would know all those moves?

He slowly lift his hand to remove ithe mask.

Chantel finally get to see his strange face. He look like a street gangster sent to abduct her.

She had been in this situation several times from those people determined to bring her down two years ago.

"Who sent you?" She asked.

A car drove fast into the area and Dominic rushed down instantly but the scene made him halt. He thought she would be the one in trouble but it was the other way round.

"Demon?" She muttered surprised to see him.

The guy used the opportunity to get up and run passing a sharp corner.

"Shit" Chantel cursed.

Enzo ran after him instantly.

Dominic walked close to Chantel to check her body. "Are you okay?, That bastard didn't hurt you right?" He asked.