Chapter 66: Kiss me

Chantel decided to make reserches on the boy, his name was Julius, three years old who is fighting for his life. Chantel asked for a DNA test knowing that is the best idea.

Calton walked into a room where he met Delphine waiting for him. Delphine who had been so nervous of meeting him slowly raised her head to him. The way the man stared at her made her heart dropped.

He took slow steps and sat before her. His eyes held no emotion as he stared at the lady before him. He took in her features. Though she is lean but she has a good body frame.

"I.." she made to speak but her voice came out hoarse. She continued. "I'm sorry for the trouble, I didn't mean to do it"

"So how did we meet?" Calton asked, Chantel had asked him not to be hard on her. There are so many questions running through his mind and he have to ask one after the other.

"Four years ago, Plaza Hotel.. I.. " Delphine stopped and took a deep breath.

Calton frowned, Plaza hotel? Four years ago? That was when the incident happened.

"You what?" Calton asked.

"Do I have to say this?.. you have a fiance alre..."

"Just tell me okay? You claim to have a son for me and I need to know how cus I've never met you Before!" Calton almost yelled and then realized when Delphine eyes widened a little.

"I'm sorry" he whispered. "Please"

Delphine took a deep breath. "That night I was working my night shift at the hotel.. my boyfriend broke up with me so I wasn't in my right mood. But then I saw you, you were wasted. So I was asked to help you to your room.. and when we got there.. sigh.. you lost control and..."

"Wait! Stop.." Calton was going crazy already. "You were the one that night?"

"I'm sorry I wanted to push you away and even scratch your neck on the process but I was heartbroken too and I wanted something to distract myself and I gave in.. when I realized what happened I decided to leave the hotel in a haste" she explained having some tears slipping out of his eyes.

A scratch in the neck? How does she know?

"You left?" He asked with his eyes widened like never before.

"Yes.. and then later on, I found out I was pregnant. I wanted to find you but saw you on television. You are a model and loved by many. I tried reaching you but your manager didn't let me,.." she said those word with gritted teeth. Calton noticed.

"Elsa?" Calton muttered, his chest heaving slowly as he slowly get some pieces together. That night he was wasted with his friends, who stole his car later on. He went to close by hotel and didn't remember what happened. By the time he woke up he found out that he had raped a lady... Elsa..

He could remember her cries and plead with her not to let it out. He promised to do what she wants and to his dismay, Elsa wanted to be in a relationship with him. She said she had promised herself to marry the guy who disflower her. Does this means.. all of these was a lie.

Calton spranged up from his sit and Delphine eyes widened.

"Calton!" She called and he stop to take a breath. He turn back to her and found her standing from a distance. He then, remembered something and move towards her. Delphine wondered what he was going to do but in the next moment, Calton reached the bodice of her dress and draw one side down. She made to shift back but he held her in place.

His eyes widened seeing what he was looking for. He could remember the lady has a scar on her left shoulder. He didn't see them on Elsa but then thought he was hallucinating.

"Calton, you need to calm down" Delphine said getting a bit scared of the look on Calton's face.

Without a word Calton stormed out of the room.

****

"Words can't explain how happy I feel right now Avery. I met so many business men there and created opportunity for us" Chloe kept on talking as she thought the lady beside her was listening.

Avery's eyes were focused outside the window as kept on thinking of a way to finish her project sooner. Having that guy around is quite a headache. Her mind drifted to the dance they had that night. Remembering his challenge, she chuckled.

Lucas have been busy ever since then.

Chloe heard her and gave her a look. "Why did you laugh? I told you my fiance is going on a trip and I'm going to miss him" she pouted.

"Oh" Avery said awkwardly.

"What were you thinking?" Chloe asked.

"Nothing actually" Avery replied.

"We've been together long enough for me to know that you are lying" Chloe said. She continued. "Are you perhaps thinking of President Lucas?"

"Don't flatter yourself, he just a pain in my ass" Avery said.

"Well we'll find out" Chloe said

They got to office and found it empty.

"Boss, will be a bit late today Mrs President" Max explained.

Avery didn't bother asking why and start her work.

It was already lunch hour when the man stepped into the large office. Avery didn't look up and Lucas didn't bother saying anything to her.

She wondered why the man seems a little off after the party. She raised her gaze to him and watch him sit on his chair. His hair look messy and the look on his face was weak, his eyes red as he closed them, resting his head on his chair.

Avery didn't want to ask what's wrong with him but her conscience didn't let her be.

"What's up with you Mr president?" She asked the man whose eyes were close.

"Nothing, just face your work" he replied weakly.

"Tssk.. if you are tired.. just go home" She said rolling her eyes.

Lucas opened his eyes and look at her. He gave her a weak smile. "Are you worried about me? I'm flattered" he spoke.

"I'm just worried.. I don't want to have a corpse on my head" she replied sharply and he close his eyes again. Avery sighed.

Max walked in with a worried look. "Boss your food will be here soon"

"I'm not hungry, don't bring the food here or I'll throw it into the trash" Lucas said.

"He haven't eaten?" Avery asked in surprise.

"Yes miss, since yesterday" Max replied.

Avery slam her hand on the table and stood up to her feet. Lucas opened his eyes with a frown.

"Do you want to kill yourself?" She asked.

Just then, A lady bought the food in and Max collected it from her.

"I said I'm not hungry" Lucas said coldly to Max.

"Give me that" Avery collected it from him. "You better open up your mouth and eat" she warned.

"No" he said stubbornly with a smirk. "Not until you do something" he added.

"What do you want?" She asked raising her brow and his next word shocked her.

"Kiss me"