Chapter 74: Fuck you Lucas

Delphine froze hearing his hand word. His house? That was the last thing she expected for him to say. She made to speak but the man went to open the door for her with a serious look on his face.

"Calton, I don't.."

"Get in, Delphine. Don't worry about the cloths or any luggages that you have here. Just come with me" he spoke and she swallowed. Not able to argue back, Delphine entered the car. Calton did the same and zoom off with her.

Delphine kept stealing a glance on the man whose while focus was on the road before him. His face was cold as ice, she couldn't help but stay quiet.

Little while longer, the car entered a large gate with several securities guarding the place, the car drive in, and Delphine lips dropped as she saw the magnificent building outside the car window. Is this where he lives? It was so beautiful she kept staring not noticing the man had step down from the car.

He opened the door for her to step down too and she did without any question. She was still carrying sleeping Davidson to herself.

He intertwined his hand with hers and led her into the grand place. He pressed his code at his door and then lead her in.

Delphine lips parted, the inside was even more beautiful. She watch Calton remove his suit and tie then drop it on the couch.

"You really don't have to do this" She said in a low voice.

"I'm so mad at myself Delphine" Calton faced her. His gaze moved down to Davidson and back to her face. "I'm so mad at myself that you had to go through a lot without me been there for you.. Please let fix this" he plead.

Delphine nodded slowly. She can't argue seeing him this way. The truth is, she was worried on how Calton would react once he sees the trash place she lives in and she was right.. he was upset.

Calton led her to a room, "this is your room and also for Davidson" he said and Delphine's heart swell seeing how beautiful the room was. A king sized bed was at the middle, a night lamb, a drawer, an art work.. and so on. The room gave off a peaceful aura.

"Do you like it, I have plenty more" he said.

"It's perfect" Delphine quickly said. She loves it.

"Make sure you freshen up and sleep well, I'll ask the maid to bring you dinner. If you need anything from me, hit the the button behind your lamb and I'll come" he said.

"Thanks you" Delphine said with sincerity in her voice. "So much"

"Goodnight" he said and left, shutting the door close.

Delphine went to put Davidson on the bed then stared at his face for an unmeasurable amount of time. She was thinking on how fast her life had changed. Reaching for her son's face, she caressed it gently.

"Your father is sure a good man" She smiled.

***

In the car, Avery was on a call with her father.

"The project will be ending soon. You and Lucas are doing a very good job" Dominic's voice sounded over the phone.

"Yeah, thanks dad" Avery replied lowly.

"So where are you now?" He asked.

"I'm on my way to Lucas place. We have some practical to do, which can't be done in the office so we need a bigger space" Avert replied and Dominic grunt. "I'll leave immediately once it's 7pm, I do not plan to stay long anyway" She quickly said.

"Alright, have a good time" Dominic said before the call ends.

Avery's thought on her father's last word. 'Have a good time'. What does he mean by that? How is working a good time? Unknown to her, Dominic was teasing her.

Getting to the given address, Avery blinked severally at the large mansion before her. The building speaks wealth and has a unique structure. Lucas must have designed it himself.

She pulled out her phone and informed him that she was here.

Few seconds later a middle aged woman dressed in a white and black suit came to meet her.

"This way ma'am" she said. Avery knew Lucas had sent her so she followed her. Getting to the large study room, Avery spot the man focusing his gaze on the large paper, placed on the table Before him. He was wearing a white polo which hugs his body, showing how perfect his masculine feature is.

His hair messy and combed backward, his nose and jaw sharp. And has this perfect body structure.. no wonder women will die to be with him.

Sensing her presence, Lucas stop what he was doing and look up to her. "There's a fresh paper at the shelf. You can use that to do yours" he said and return to his work.

He had been like this ever since that function. He always speak cold and short.. he wasn't like the playful one. Is it because of the kiss at the function? Or maybe because she called him a jerk? Why does she care anyway, this isn't like her.

She pull off her jacket, leaving her white shirt on, she went to grab her own paper and began to work on it. She peek at the man almost every minute. Somehow she is feeling uncomfortable with how silence rented the room, but then decided to focus on what she came here for.

After several hours, it was 7pm. Avery wanted to finish the work before leaving so she won't have to come back here again, and when she did, it was 9:00pm.

"Finally" she breathed out and then look up at Lucas who was busy setting the fire since the breeze was becoming chilly. "I'm leaving" she announced.

"You can stay the night if you want" He spoke without looking back at her.

"No, thanks.. I have a car" she said and began to walk but the man spoke again.

"It's going rain heavily soon. The place with be dark, chilly and you won't be able to drive well" he said, his voice a bit worried.

"I'll be fine" she said and walk out. Lucas smirked.

Getting into her car, the rain started and the sky thundered hard. She let out a shaky breath because of the cold coursing through her delicate skin. There's no way she'll stay here for the night...

She began to drive but then stopped. Lucas was right, the place was dark, cold and creepy... She can't see a damn thing. Groaning out loud she decided to do the last thing on her mind. She got down from her car and began to walk back to the mansion with rain drenching her.

Lucas was busy staring at the fire when his door opened again. Without looking back, he knew who it was.

"Welcome back Mrs Winfrey" He said.

"Fuck you Lucas" she replied.

"It's cold.. and we are the only one here. Mind the word you use.. this little monster beneath my leg is quite sensitive.. even with words"

Avery jaw dropped. Is this man crazy?!