Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Ezri's POV

When we entered the car, I noticed how the little one was trying to stay awake. Sleep soon took over her, it didn't even take five minutes for her to fall asleep. Seeing her sleep like that, a smile formed on my lips. She finally looked like she was at peace.

I took my jacket that was always tucked in the dashboard compartment and covered her with it. As soon as the jacket nestled on her, she immediately curled up in a ball and tugged the jacket closer to her. I quickly removed my hands, afraid that I had startled her from her sleep.

I adjusted the temperature of the air conditioner and made sure the fan wasn't directly blowing at her face. Scared that she would catch a cold.

As we rolled into the driveway, I motioned Andrew not to open the door and keep the engine running. Let Cameron sleep in just a little more. I sat next to her as I quietly did my work on my phone. Trying not to make any big movement. Then I got a text from Naomi.

Naomi has been my friend since we were in kindergarten. We had our fair share of arguments, and disagreements but we always find our way back to each other. A lot of people thought we were together, judging from how close we are but it just never worked out that way and we both had mutually agreed that we didn't have romantic feelings for each other.

She was the sister that I never had, she got me to where I am today. If it weren't for her I might end up in shambles. She got me out of dark times especially after losing Amelia. I was destructive to my surroundings and especially to myself after the incident.

I trust her with everything even my own life. I would say she knows me better and understand me more than both of my parents combined. In the company, she's my COO and I've already placed her as my next of kin. If anything were to befall on me, she would inherit everything. That is how much I trust her.

Naomi: WHAT IN THE NAME OF GOD, E!

Ezri: If I had left her there she would have been dead.

Naomi: But did you have to make a scene? Can't you just quietly kidnap her out or something?

Ezri: Nomi, you know I can't just walk out of there. That would have caused another meeting with the White.

Ezri: Plus I can't just kidnap a grown ass woman?

Naomi: Yes yes. No touching women and children - E. But I want to meet this girl.

Naomi: No excuses. I'm coming over for dinner later.

Ezri: K.

I didn't even bother to protest. There was no way to stop Naomi from doing what she set her mind on doing.

I felt Cameron moving beside me "Sorry I fell asleep." Her voice was still hoarse.

I reached for a bottle of water and uncapped it before handing it over to her. Looking at her with a tentative smile. "It's okay, shopping can be exhausting sometimes. Have some water."

Her eyes widened while she looked at the screen of her phone "I was asleep for almost two hours? Did we arrive for long already? You should have just woken me up." Lace of guilt can be heard from her voice.

"It's alright I had work to do as well." While waving my phone, beside me. Didn't want her to feel too guilty but I seriously did settle a few matters over the phone. However, having my laptop here would have been more convenient.

"My friend Naomi will be coming over for dinner. That's okay with you right?" I didn't want her to feel awkward or uncomfortable.

"Of course. It's your house, your rule. Would you want me to stay in my room or something tonight? I could be invisible, like I wasn't even here." She said looking a little nervous while biting the bottom of her lip.

"Join us for dinner. I want you to meet her, she could be annoying at times but she's the closest thing to a sister that I have." Before she got a chance to speak, I continued "Remember Cameron Aukley, you could never be invisible. No matter how hard you try, especially for me." Saying it in a matter of fact voice.

I opened the door, didn't want to face her any longer. Embarrassed by the final comment I gave. Ezri why did you have to say 'especially for me'. I've got to snap out of it.

As I was about to step out, she grabbed my arm. "Your jacket" she said, while handing it over to me.

"It's okay you can keep it. It's a little chilly today." After saying that, I jogged into the house.

Good Ezri, very good. We are in fucking Bangkok, a freaking tropical country. It never gets chilly here. Gosh, I got to up my game. I wanted to hit my head so badly against the pillars that were on the porch.