Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Cameron's POV

Days slowly became months. There was still no news about Ezri. The kidnappers and their leader Liam were already behind bars. Apparently they said after they got me out of there, police raided their place and managed to catch all of them. However, they weren't able to locate Ezri and Liam kept his mouth shut about her location. They searched for days around the area, even bringing in K9s to help sniff her out.

After a long trial, Liam was finally sentenced to jail and he finally gave up the truth. He said they dumped her body into the river. It's too late now, her body would have been washed into the sea or decayed by now. The truth stung me worse than any venom that existed in this world. Suddenly, the last drop of hope that she was still alive faded away.

I shut myself off from the world. The first month I couldn't even bring myself to attend any of the classes. Everything just hurt, then it slowly went numb. Naomi came by everyday now, to check on me. Making sure I was eating and most importantly alive. She took it upon herself to take care of me, she said Ezri would have wanted that. Ezri would have wanted me to be alive.

I thought about it, ending my life and joining Ezri. Some part of me has already known the truth that she didn't make it. Some part of me was still holding on dearly to her.

One night, I dreamt about her. It was at the place where we had our first date, the rooftop. I hugged her ever so tightly, not wanting to let go "Ez I miss you." I let out a cry.

"Hey love, I miss you too." She held me close to her chest, giving one of her contagious giggles. My smile grew, I missed the sound of her voice.

Her grip slowly loosened but I held onto her arm "Take me with you don't leave me alone!" practically shouting, begging her to bring me with her.

Ezri stepped forward and landed a kiss on my forehead "Stay on a little longer for me okay? When we meet again tell me about all the fun stories adventures you had." She smiled and after one final look at those dimples, I woke up. Tears shedding down, the pillow I was holding onto was already damped. It was bitter sweet, but if this was the only way I could see Ezri so be it. I laid in bed most of the time, not wanting to leave.

Days gone by, I played over all of the voice messages that she sent before

"I love you Cam."

"I'll be home late, go to bed first okay? Goodnight love. I love you always."

I didn't know whether listening to the recording made it better or worse, but it felt like she's still around. At the same time, it reminded me of who I had just lost.

3 months later

Cameron's POV

It's been 3 months of radio silence, the Wallace has decided to hold a funeral for Ezri. As I heard the news from Naomi, my knees went numb and instantly fell to the floor. I disagree with the idea, even made a scene. I still couldn't accept the fact that she's gone for that long. They believed it was for the best, that we shouldn't go on like this. They just carried on with the funeral.

Lawyers have already contacted me regarding her will. All of her properties have been given to me now and I will also have shares in the company. Naomi will become the next CEO of Wallace Holdings Limited. I didn't want any of these, I would exchange all of these in a heartbeat for Ezri.

Naomi asked me to head over to the office to pack up Ezri's stuff. In the afternoon, I sneak into the office through the back door. Naomi had made it clear that I shouldn't be seen anywhere near the building, she couldn't risk it. I didn't care anymore at this point, I just did what was told. My body is like a shell, without a soul in it. When Ezri left, she took it with her.