Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Cameron's POV

When we got home, we still walked hand in hand. It felt weird, to be dating someone I live with. Somehow deep down inside of me, I've already seen her as my partner long before we started dating. As we passed by my room, I stopped and Ezri didn't let go of my hand. She was shocked and turned around to look at me. I was already pressing down on the door handle "Your room tonight?" She asked still looking confused. What did she mean by my room? Ezri just shrugged her shoulders and turned back, now walking towards my room.

My brain suddenly clicked. She meant sleeping in the same room. I didn't know she was fine with the idea. Since every time I did something fairly similar maybe a little more wild, she would hold back and try to escape. "Your room." I quickly said "Let me get changed." She halted in her steps and nodded. Slowly retreating in her own room.

As I got changed into my nightgown, I felt anxious. Realising this would be the first time I slept with her sober and without thousands of emotions crashing down all at once. I straightened out my hair making sure I didn't look like I was a mess.

I made my way to her room, the door was opened ever so slightly. I knocked on the door, "I'm in the dressing room" Ezri voiced out. Step by step I walked into her room. I've never really seen her room like a proper room tour before. I took a sneak peek into her dresser, it was twice the size of mine and full with clothes. Ezri with her back behind me slipped into her pajamas. I still could see the fresh bruises, it made my heart ache. Scars were also more visible in the clear lighting.

Ezri turned around "Ready for bed?" she switched off the lights to her dresser and bathroom. She tugged on my arms and led me to her bed. "Don't worry I won't do anything that would make you feel uncomfortable. Let's just get some rest." My shoulder suddenly relaxed, I didn't know I was so tense the whole time.

As we snuggled in closer together, I traced the outline of her ribs "Isn't it painful?" She chuckled "More like ticklish. No it doesn't hurt. You're here aren't you, you are my medicine." She sniffled my hair. I wiggled in more in her arms, trying to get her out of my hair.

With her arm around me she was gentle and she spoke softly "Is this okay with you? Tell me if it's not. I don't want to push you or anything..." I put a finger on her lips "I'm okay." I appreciate that she was worried about how I was feeling, since I did have quite a dark past. How can she be so gentle and loving. If it weren't for her past, she would have been taken by now. I thought people like this went extinct long ago. Ezri Wallace always has her ways to make me fall deeper for her.

With me in her arms we dozed off.

The next day I finally went to work. As soon as I arrived at the cafe, Hailey sprang into action. Knowing her that was why I avoided work the past few days "How was your honeymoon?" she said with her face in her hands as she leaned onto the counter.

"Shut up" I just walked past her. Hailey being the busybody she is. She must stick her nose into everyone's love life. "Any baby Ezri will be running around the store anytime soon?" with her teasing smile. I was right about to smack her when she ran away. She did manage to make me blush, I quickly ran into the staff room hiding my own embarrassment.

Soon enough the whole store knew about Ezri and my shenanigans. Hailey with her big mouth had to announce it. Mia gave her a hug and gave her congratulation. She knew we'd been at it for a while now. The ship has finally sailed.

Max just gave me a smile and left for his office. "I'm pretty sure he's jealous." Hailey whispered beside me. I gave her a stern look "Don't spout nonsense."

She shrugged her shoulder "It's true! You rejected him but not Ezri." What she said did make sense, he could feel hurt. I didn't know how to make the situation better or what to say to him to make him feel better. I just continued on with my work. Till the end of the day I didn't see him come out of his office.

One week later

Cameron's POV

Ezri and I arranged lunch in this quite luxurious restaurant with Naomi. Well more like Ezri made all the arrangement, I was just sitting there and hugging her while she made all the calls.

We had sky bar rooftop lunch. It was all glass windows from floor to ceiling. The whole 360 degree was glass other than a piece of wall that held the door. Ezri always knows the hidden gems around Bangkok.

As everyone sat down at the table "Finally you guys come to your senses and date each other" rolling her eyes "and now I'm stuck third wheeling" she said with discontentment.

Ezri not letting go of the opportunity, she immediately put a hand over my shoulder "Jealous?" while she buried her face in my neck. I push her back ever so gently.

Naomi's smile dropped "Why don't you guys just get a room?" while she poked her broccoli.

"We already did" Ezri replied with a smirk. Without thinking my hand reached out to pinch Ezri. She was quick to avoid it, moving her torso before I could get to her.

I already felt flustered, trying to change the topic before Ezri came up with anymore PG18 comments. "So how are things between you and Hailey?"

Ezri's eyes widen, almost choking on her drink "What? Nomi and Hailey?!" She wiped her mouth with her sleeves. I smacked her hand and used a napkin to wipe her mouth. Ezri could be such a baby sometimes.

Naomi shrugged her shoulder "Nothing is going on. I'm too hot for her to handle." She just continued on to enjoy her food. "And I'm not finding anything permanent. No money, no honey. That's always been the motto." She gave me a wink.

"Why have you never considered Ez before then?" I was genuinely curious. Both of them simultaneously looked at me in horror and shouted "HER?!" until the waitress came in to see if there was any trouble.

Ezri let out a huff "No way. Even if she was to dance in front of me naked, I still wouldn't touch that" a little bit of disgust could be heard.

"Excuse me, I have an incredible body and my dancing skills are not that bad too. Darling, there are so many people of want a taste of this beauty." Naomi was fast to defend herself while she flipped her hair back.

Ezri just shook her head "The point I'm trying to make here is I'm not attracted to her."

"Vice versa" Naomi added.

Naomi lifted her glass "Kudos to you being able to put up with E." We all raised out glass "This shithead is a handful" Naomi managed to add before sipping her champagne. Ezri tried to kick Naomi, but she also had wicked senses and managed to avoid the attack. Naomi launched a counterattack at Ezri. Now they both were trying to kick each other under the table. I had to hold the table down "Guys please don't break the table, will you?"