Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Ezri's POV

It's been a while since I went into a deep slumber. Waking up to her beside me, it's all I want for the rest of my life. I was still in her embrace when I woke up. I studied every crease, every freckle and every detail about her. She's so beautiful, even when she's sleeping. That should be a sin.

I tried to slowly wiggle myself out of her arms, then she just held on tighter. Letting out a 'mmm' sound, clearly disagreeing with my attempt to escape.

"I'm just going to let Nomi know I won't be going to work today." I whispered softly, I didn't want to give her a fright.

She still held on "It'll be quick. I'll be back okay?" I extended my neck, kissing her cheek. Her grip finally loosened. When I rolled out of bed, that's when reality kicked in. My whole body was sore and even breathing was a pain in the arse. They must have beaten me up good last night.

When I was at the door, I tried to push down the door handle and it didn't budge. Naomi did seriously lock us in. I just shook my head in disbelief and knocked on the door "Nomi, you can let us out now."

I can hear rustling sound from outside then the door slowly opened "Morning, you look like shit. I hope everything went well." Naomi was already stretching her whole body, trying to get a peek inside. My hand reached out to palm her face and pushed her away. "Yes. I'm not going in for work today."

Naomi hands were already on her hips "That's expected after what happened last night." Her frown slowly turned into a mischievous smirk "well enjoy your day then." My leg was already extending out to kick her, but she sprinted down the hallway. I sighed and shook my head again. This time, this time I'm not going to chase her. I turned around and closed the door behind me. Returning to Cameron.

I slipped back into bed. This time she scooted into my arms, resting her head on my shoulder. I leaned my nose into her hair and took in her morning scent. How could anyone smell so good, smell so right. It didn't bother me whether she washed her hair or not. I cupped her cheek to bring her gaze to face mine. "Would you like to go on a date with me tonight? Somewhere nice? I promised to pay you back."

A soft smile and a faint blush could be seen on her face as I asked her out "Sure." I could still make her blush even now. Seems like Ezri Wallace hasn't lost her game yet. We buried ourselves in sheets and each other embrace for the rest of the day until we finally gave into our hunger.

When we walked down the stairs, I still held onto Cameron's hand. "Finally the ship has sailed!" Walter said from the bottom of the stairs.

"Shut up Walter." Feeling myself getting embarrassed. I ignored his approving grin that he was giving and quickly walked passed him. We enjoyed lunch as words started to spread around the house like wild fire. Things like 'we're going to have a new Mrs in the house' could be heard uttered behind walls.

As the night falls

I had reserved a rooftop candlelight dinner. I wanted to have a beachside dinner but everything was too last minute and I just didn't think we'd have enough time to drive to the beach and return again. I am wearing my casual all black blazer, with a white tube. Cameron on the other hand, looks gorgeous in a simple white dress that is floor length. To me, it didn't matter what she wore, it still made my heart flutter either way.

When we stepped foot into the rooftop dining space, it was mesmerizing. We could see the view of the whole city including Wat Arun. Cameron was taken aback by the scenery and she moved closer to the baranda to take in the view. All I could see was how dazzling she was tonight. Trying to keep negative thoughts back, I just focused on how lucky I was to have here right here with me. I secretly took a few photos of her, enjoying the view.