Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Ezri's POV

After dinner, I excused myself and I had Naomi followed me to the library to discuss about work for a bit. The library was more comfortable and spacious compared to my studies.

Naomi suddenly said "E, this is good."

"What is good? Work? Have you heard a word I've said, about the project in Phuket having a problem?" I raised an eyebrow while already stacking the documents, ready to place them back into my office.

"No, not about work. Your life E. Cam may be is a good thing. She could help you move on and heal." Naomi was honest when she said it.

I just stood up and didn't respond. Naomi grabbed my arm and prod me to look at her. "E it's been 4 years now, you've got to let go. Amelia would have wanted that."

Then I saw a figure at the entrance of the library. Cameron was holding a glass of tea, and she stood still at the door.

Without a second thought, I shoved Naomi into my office and closed the door behind us. I wasn't ready to face Cameron's question. Hoping she didn't overhear Naomi's comments.

I let out a long sigh. Some part of me knew Naomi was telling the truth, but "I just need more time Nomi. And Cam is not a replacement." I shut my eyes and leaned against the door.

"Come on E. I never said Cam was a replacement. No one could ever replace Amelia." Hearing her name just breaks my heart. It's like pouring salt on my wounds. It didn't hurt as much as it used to, but it was still hard to hear that name.

I walk towards the side table that had a few bottles of whiskey on display with a lamp with dim yellow lights shining on them. I took an empty glass and poured myself some. Before I could take a sip, Naomi used her hand to cover the glass.

"We've been through this, you shouldn't drink. Especially not when you are discussing or thinking about her." She knew I was hurting inside, so she said 'her' instead of uttering her name.

Naomi is right, I let go of the glass as she took it and drank the whole thing before I changed my mind.

I just leaned on the bookshelves and stared into space. Trying to hold back tears. Naomi had seen me in worse states, she just sat there silently. Naomi knew when I just needed her to be there by my side. Her being here is already a good console.

After a few minutes of silence, I decided to see what Cameron was up to. I searched the library, hoping I could find her there but to no avail. I looked at the clock, it was already half past 11. She must be asleep. Naomi went to her room. She always stops by so naturally she just claimed a room to herself. No one protested to the idea.

I walked back to my room. I stopped by her door, thinking whether I should check on her. Then I saw her light go dark from the crack below the door. I removed my hand that was ready to knock, and headed straight to bed.

Cameron's POV

I woke up naturally around 9.30 in the morning. After freshening up and wearing the new clothes that Ezri bought, I headed downstairs. Maybe I could catch her during breakfast. When I made my way to the dining hall, breakfast was there but no sign of Ezri.

"Good morning dear. Ezri had already gone to work. She said you could do anything.. If you want to head out, just give Victor a call. She has already texted you his number she said." Maria

After eating, I took my plate and headed to the kitchen. I wanted to wash the dishes, but a housekeeper insisted that she should do it. I didn't want to cause them trouble so I headed back to my room.

I reorganised my closet again, trying to make the time fly by quicker. Dinner time and there was still no sign of Ezri. She must be very busy at work. I had dinner with Walter and Maria.

The next day, I tried to occupy myself with my phone. Installing all sorts of games, reading books from the library. I'm starting to feel trapped now, as the same cycle keeps on repeating.

I wanted to talk to Ezri, or at least see her but she always comes home late and leaves early. She must be very occupied with work. Judging by the hours she spent at home, she must have barely gotten any sleep.

Days gone by, it was the same pattern. Being at home for so long, I'm beginning to feel lost. Like I had no role, no purpose here. I wanted to help with house chores, but Maria kept on saying it's their job, not mine. I didn't want to cause a scene or get anyone fired.

I kept thinking about what Naomi had said, about how Ezri spent half a million dollars on me. I know she must have paid something to get me out but I didn't expect it would be that much. What am I doing here? What's my purpose? Doubts starting to creep into my thoughts now. Doubt that Ezri is good person, was she doing it out of the kindness of her heart or was there any intention behind this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: Short one tonight. Will update again first thing tomorrow :) 

Thank you so much for all the love and support and the votes! I really appreciate it <3 especially when this is my first time writing 

Hope you all continue to enjoy the story 🤍🤍🤍