Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Another day. Became a few more days.

5 days later.

Ezri's POV

I still didn't understand what we were. Where we stand. I wanted to tell her how I really felt about her, about us but what if that night was just the alcohol making her do and say things? The elephant definitely was still in the room. There was this tension that always hung in the air. Even during dinner now we seem awkward.

It's about 11 in the morning, I decided to have a lazy day today. Chilled out on the couch watching some random show. "Hey." Cameron suddenly pounced on the headrest.

I jumped in my seat "Oh my God Cam." My hand was on my chest, still startled.

Cameron chuckled at my reaction "Want to go out with me?" giving me those puppy eyes.

"Like a date?" I smirked. Instantly regretting my comment, it was already awkward between us. Why did I have to address the elephant in the room.

"Sure." Cameron sealed her lips together, and a faint tint of red painted her cheeks.

She actually said yes? I felt myself blushing and my heart was doing that thing again. Where it was beating uncontrollably fast. "Okay I'll get ready." I jumped off the couch and ran upstairs.

I still wore my usual black slack and threw on a navy blue rayon blouse. I don't usually dress up, I do have dresses but those were saved for more formal occasions. When I came out of the room, Cameron was wearing a white floral summer dress with a white YSL handbag that I got her the last time we went out. It was cute. "You look stunning." I said with one hand in my pocket. I'm was still staring at her, I should stop. Still in awe, I couldn't tear my eyes off her. I could tell she was shy as well the way she turned her torso side to side, making the dress swirl beneath her.

"Thank you. I'll drive today." Without waiting for my response, she's already galloping her way down the stairs. I just followed her. I've never sat in her car as a passenger before. She never drove me anywhere before too. Well, she just got her license. Feeling a little nervous where she's going to bring us.

She slowly shifted the gear into drive and off we went. Cameron drove us to a street market, "I hope you're okay with my idea of going out." I looked around, it's been a while since I stepped foot into this part of town. The last time I was here to enjoy the food and the atmosphere was years ago. When things weren't so busy. "Yea, as long as you're not here to sell me for my organs." I joked.

Cameron laughed "Don't worry. You're all mine." She replied.

I bit my bottom lip, and looked in the other direction. I didn't expect that to come from her. The car finally came to a stop. Cameron seemed like a happy child in her own world. She linked her arm around mine and started dragging me from one stall to another. Hopping around like a happy bunny with no trouble in the world. I couldn't help a smile as I looked at her. She looked so happy finally with no burdens.

She made us try on silly hats, with different sunglasses. We also took a ton of photos together. More like she took the photos of us, I just took the photos of her. Didn't want to ruin the picture with my present. Then we stopped at a food stall to get some skewers, that's when I realised I didn't have any cash. I only carried cards with me. Cameron looked at my wallet, I felt embarrassed.

She immediately took cash from her purse "Don't worry about it. I'll feed you today." She handed the money over to the vendor.

This was how it felt like to be taken care of "I'll make sure to bring you somewhere nice on our next date." Keeping my wallet back in my pocket. That's when I realised what I just said. I just assumed she wanted to go on a next date with me "I mean if you want to." My hand was on the back of my neck again.