8♛

Chapter 8 Demon Staircases
Sapphire Light

♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕

As soon as we entered, the only thing that I could see was trees with vines making me frown.

Is this it? I asked myself.

"Follow me." Lucas said walking towards two large oak trees. Okay, it looks like this is not it.

Following him, behind the trees was a crooked wooden, ancient looking staircase.

"Um... Lucas? Is it safe?" I asked pointing to the stairs.

He hesitated,"U-um, of course it is. Perfectly safe." He gave me a nervous smile, scratching the back of his neck.

"You're lying. You know, you're not a good liar." I said crossing my arms, eyebrows furrowed.

"Nevermind that, I will take care of you. I will make sure you will not fall." He assured me, taking my hand in his.

His action made me blush, pulling my hand from his grasp. I strode to the stairs, quickly walking up the steps. While walking I did not see the crooked piece of wood causing me to lose my balance.

"Ah!"

I closed my eyes and waited for the impact. But all I felt was hands on my waist and warm breath tickling my neck.

"Milady, you should be more careful." Lucas whispered into my ear, chuckling lightly.

His breath was tickling my ear, making me shudder and blush brightly. I stood up properly and brushed myself off.

"Hmphh!" I walked away but soon heard footsteps behind me.

"Sorry! Sorry, oh man, don't Ignore me!" He apologized. Man? Are you serious? He freaking called me a man!

"Saph." I kept my eyes on the stairs.

"Saph." No response came back.

"Sapphireeeeeee." He continued, dragging my name.

"If you don't reply I will carry you."

He's just kidding Sapphire, Ignore him.

"5.....4.....3" He counted down.

He's just kiddin-

"AHHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed as he carried me bridal style, "Put me down you hooligan!"

He laughed and continued walking forward, "Not if you say you forgive me." He smirked.

"PUT ME DOWN!" I screeched punching his rock-like chest and squirming in his grasp.

"Accept my apology or else....I'll drop you." He threatened, smirking.

He wouldn't! Would he? I thought panicking.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed as he took one hand off of me. "I FORGIVE YOU! PLEASE DON'T LET ME GO!" I cried, clutching his neck and pressing my body to him.

"HAHAHAHA! You're so silly of cour- " His sentence was cut off when he saw my eyes tearing up.

"Shit! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" He pleaded as he put me down making me sit on the ancient looking staircase.

"I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to scare you." He apologized sitting beside me.

I sniffled as I rubbed my eyes, then I smirked, "Sucker! You fell for it douche bag! That's what you get if you mess with me!" I jumped and danced around laughing at his reaction. I am such a good actress. I thought, praising myself.

"You scared me! Nevermind!" He took my hand and proceeded upwards.

" We have reached the top Milady." Lucas bowed, throwing a charming smile my way.

"Wow."

♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♛♕♛♕♛♕♛

Sorry for the late update! Hope you guys liked this chappy! Oh! That's the picture of the stairs. Looks so broken...

♛DL