26♛

Chapter 26♕ Girl Fights
Sapphire Light

♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕

I kissed him again. Oh gosh. His lips were so soft. I shivered. Oh my... shit. I lay my head on the tree behind me.

After the commotion, we all had to go back to our classes. And now it was free period for me. I was sitting on one of the benches in the school garden.

Suddenly, I was overcome with a coughing fit. I felt like I was coughing my lungs out. It burned my throat and lungs. I leaned forward and hit myself on my chest to stop myself from coughing more.

"Saph! I'm back!" Skylar said, holding a bottle of beer and orange juice.

I smiled weakly at her and she gave me the bottle of orange juice.

I drank from it but my throat still felt like it was burning. Though, Sky didn't see me coughing.

Skylar is very pretty but she hides it. She has red hair but she dyed it, as well as her eyebrows. She has beautiful green eyes but she wears grey contacts. I do not know why, but she is very beautiful. And she likes to party and drink. She can drink a whole bottle and still would not get drunk. She's cool that way.

We were doing calculus homework when we heard shouting.

"Stop that!" We looked around but saw no one.

But the doors on the other end, freshman and sophomore block, opened. Four girls came out. I recognised the one holding a pair of sneakers. It was Cherry Benson. The younger version of Whitney. She is bitchy, but she cannot stand up to the seniors. She is one year younger than us.

Another girl came out. Her face panic striken, but I could see a hint of anger too.

Cherry and her bitches stood near the pond, holding the shoes over it. "Oh!" I heard Cherry say tauntingly. "Is little Wendy sad?"

Wendy? Isn't that Lucas sister's name?

I stood up from the bench, startling Skylar. I walked to them and I could hear the crunch of the grass as Skylar now walked behind me.

I wanted to shout at Cherry but I was too late. She dropped the shoes. Cherry's three friends laughed maniacally along with Cherry.

I rolled my eyes and shouted. "Hey! Don't you have classes?!" I forgot to mention I was vice student councilor. I can order them around. The perks. Only seniors had free periods in our school.

Cherry turned her head to me startled. When she saw it was me, her light pink lips pursed together and she frowned. Well, what can I say? She hates me.

Wendy, not paying any attention to me, was staring at Cherry. But Cherry did not notice. Wendy walked towards Cherry but Cherry was too busy looking at me in disgust.

Now, I was only a few meters away from them, able to hear everything they say.

Wendy smiled. Not the happy one. She had the 'I-want-to-kill-you-so-badly' smile.

She stood in front of Cherry now. They were glaring at each other.

"What does the pond water taste like I wonder?" Wendy asked, the smile still on her face.

"Wha- AH!" Cherry screamed a piercing scream, falling into the pond.

It took exactly one second for Wendy to push her into the pond. It was easy, with her two inches high heels, Cherry tipped over. Too bad for Cherry though. I mean like, who asked her to stand so near the edge?

I wanted to laugh. Cherry's girlfriend's stood over at the edge, waiting for Cherry to come up. After a few seconds, Cherry resurfaced. She spit out the water, her face twisted in disgust.

"You bitch! This was my new designer dress!" Cherry screamed at Wendy. Her light blue dress became darker shade as it absorbed the water.

"Sorry. I think you're talking about yourself." Wendy smiled, humiliating Cherry. "And, I thought you were so rich. Are you saying you can't afford another one?"

Wow. Now I believe they are siblings.

"Okay. Cherry get out of the pond. Go back to class." I said, breaking them up.

Cherry glared at me, getting out of the pond. "You're not being fair! She pushed me! And you're not doing anything!" Cherry screamed at me, taking her friend's hand. But she lost her grip and both of them tumbled into the the pond. Both of them let out a wail before screaming. The other two pulled them up, careful not to fall.

I rolled my eyes. "For your information, you threw her shoes in first." I pointed out.

Cherry huffed and walked away, her friends in tow.

Wendy was glaring at the back of Cherry's head. I laughed. She remembered I was there.

"Sorry." She mumbled. "I got pissed at her."

I laughed again. "It's okay. I saw her, she started it. You won't get in trouble."

"Thanks." She said, looking up at me. "You're bro's girlfriend right? Sapphire was it?"

I blushed. "I'm not his girlfriend."

Wendy looked at me, confused. "But the way he talks about you makes it sound like you're his girlfriend. He's had many girlfriends but you're the only one he talks about. Even though he refuses to say, I think all his past girlfriends were just hookups."

The part where she said he talks about me made my insides all fuzzy and warm. But the hookups part? Nuh uh. My eyes narrowed. I had to prevent every ounce of my being not to ask her if Whitney was one them.

I just smiled at her. I hoped she would not see through it. "Go back to class kiddo."

She chuckled and laughed. "I'm just one year younger than you old lady." She shouted as she ran back to class.

I was walking back to the bench when someone tickled my stomach. I squealed.

"Are you serious?" Skylar said.

"Oh sorry. I forgot about you." I smiled sheepishly.

"Haha." She said sarcastically. "How can you forget about your best friend?"

"Sorry." I apologized.

She buffed and walked back to bench, copying Cherry's actions. I laughed as she almost tripped on a rock.

She turned back to me and blew raspberries.

I have such childish friends.