43♚

Chapter 43♔ Stay away
Lucas Summer

♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔

"I like you Luce." I said.

She did not answer.

I ran my hand through my damp hair.

"I feel so stupid," I whispered. "Why the hell am I talking to a freaking mirror?"

"Cause you are stupid. Can't believe you didn't know that."

I turned and saw Wendy standing at the doorway, smirking at me.

"You scared me," I said. I walked to her and took my bag. "Did you hear everything I said?"

She nodded, "I think you sound stupid."

I sighed, "Whatever. Oh, I can't bring you to school today."

She tilted her head to the side, "I know." I raised my eyebrow. "I also know you'll be speeding up your plans. Instead of confessing on her birthday, you'll be confessing today."

My mouth opened in shock, "How'd you know?" Then I sighed. "You read my diary." It was not a question. It was a fact.

"Yeah," she nodded. "You need to find a better place to hide it."

I pursed my lips in annoyance.

"BTW, I'll be going now. I'm meeting my friend at Subway. You know, the one around the corner."

"Sure." I said, she exited my room, closing the door behind her.

I was planning on bringing her to the place behind the castle. Where we first kissed. And there, I would confess.

I sound like a freaking kid.

I took one last glance at the mirror. I was wearing my jeans and my black v-neck. One thing I learned from Luce over the summer was that she has this thing for v-necks.

I took my bag and keys, exiting my room.

♚♔

Where is she? I asked.

I was at our meeting spot and she was fifteen minutes late.

I took my phone from my pocket.

I was about to press call when I heard a voice.

"Lucas." I turned, Mr Light stood in front of me, wearing a black suit and tie just like the first time I met him.

"Mr Light, sir. Good morning." I greeted. Shit, how am I supposed to explain why I'm here?!

"You need not explain." He said. "I know why you are here and I want you to stop."

My eyes narrowed.

"I'm sorry Mr Light. I do not know what you are talking about." My voice was laced with venom. How does he know?! And what gives him the right to stop me?!

He chuckled humorlessly. "Then unfortunately for you, she doesn't want to see you again."

My eyes widened. She doesn't want to see me again?

Stop it Lucas. He's lying.

"I'm sorry sir. But I do not believe your lies." I said, clenching my fists to prevent myself from punching the man.

He stopped and looked into my eyes, his dark brown eyes piercing my onyx orbs. "Is that a threat boy?"

I lifted my chin up, "No. But it will be if you continue lying."

"You really think I am lying?" He chuckled again, but he was cut short. "Stay away from Lucilia. And this is a threat boy. I do not want to see you near her ever again."

He walked away.

I stood rooted to the spot.

Birds around me chirped, the sun was shining brightly and the atmosphere was a happy one.

But why am I feeling so dejected?

Why am I feeling so heartbroken?