19♚

Chapter 20♔ First Date Part 2
Lucas Summer

♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔

"Bitch, I'm his girlfriend." Sapphire retorted, snapping her fingers. "This is Starbucks, not a strip club. Now please go away bimbos. He doesn't want to talk to you." She rolled her eyes. Wow, she's fierce! And she called herself my girlfriend! Nah, she just did that to make them go away. Stop dreaming Lucas. She'll never be your girlfriend... you're just an idiot for dreaming that...

"You! You! You Bitch!" Giraffe -cause she's tall- launched at Sapphire with her dangerous weapons.

Aka...manicured nails.

Girls are scary...

Saph dodged her, standing up, and grabbing her wrist. "Bitch you do not want to mess with me." Saph whispered into her ear as she let go of her, pushing her to an empty table. A half eaten chocolate was left on the table, right where her face landed. Shorty gasped and ran over to her friend.

"Let's go Lucas." She said, annoyed with the drama. But before leaving, she took her dark mocha and ate the last Brownie and muffin.

We took the lift to the 5th floor since we were in the first floor. And we were alone. It gave me time to interrogate her. "How did you learn to do that?! That was so cool. I mean I would have done that too if they weren't girls. My mom taught me to respect women so that's me now. What the hell am I doing? I'm blabbering. Sorry." I leaned on the railing on the lift. I totally made myself look like an idiot!!!

"No, it's okay. I learnt that since my grandfather wanted to teach me and my bro self defense." She answered, shrugging, before exiting the lift.

"You have a brother?" I was grinning widely. "You should have told me. Maybe we'll get along!"

"Well he's one year younger than us and he plays basketball." She explained.

"I play basketball too! Maybe I can teach him!"

"I don't think that is needed. He is already the captain of the sophomore and freshman basketball team." She sat down on an empty chair on the deserted terrace on the 5th floor.

I sat down beside her, "Oh! I might be joining basketball too! Can you tell me who's the captain of the senior and junior team?"

Her eyes turned into slits, "Austin Crusse Jackson."

"How do you know his full name? Have you dated him before?" I asked in a low voice. Almost threateningly. Why am I acting like this?! She's not my girlfriend.

"No, I have not dated him before. And I know his full name because I despise him." She muttered angrily.

Phew. I almost thought they were dating.... wait! Why the he'll should I care?! Why am I acting like this! I rubbed my temples. "So, why do you hate him?" I asked, trying to hide the relief in my voice.

"Okay, I guess I should tell you the whole story then, actually I'll shorten it. At first, during freshman year, he was one of my friends. I trusted him. I was walking past the gym one day and I heard them talking about my brother, Seth. I hid and listened to them, I heard Austin asking his friends if Seth would bring money tomorrow. I got confused so I stayed, still listening. One of his friends asked if they could beat Seth up even if he brought the money." Her fist clenched and unclenched, she continued. "I walked into the gym and shouted at his friends to get out, and they did, the little pussys. Afraid of a 5'5 girl. I shouted at him, slapped him, threw a 5kg barbell at him and kicked his dick." I almost laughed. Wow. "I ran home and shouted at Seth, asking him when it started. He wouldn't usually let himself get taken advantage of like that, I asked him but he didn't want to tell me. He said it started that year," I put my hand over hers, she did not remove my hand. "I stopped talking to him. And told the principal, but the principal did not punish me because what he did to Seth was worse. So that's why I hate him." She finished.

"Did you really hurt him that bad?" I asked, a small grin on my face.

"Yup, I did." She grinned. "He deserved it."

"So...what do you want to do now?"

"Um..." she looked around and grinned. "Let's watch a movie!" She said excitedly, standing up and pulling my hand with her.

"What movie do you want?" I asked, standing in front of the counter.

"I'll choose and you go buy popcorn and drinks." She pushed me to the food counter.

I lined up and tapped my foot, in front of me was an obese man and woman. They were practically ordering everything!

"Next please!" A blonde woman at the counter called. I stood in front of her, picking what to buy. "What would you like to buy?" She said, looking at her nails.

"Large popcorn and large coca cola." I replied, taking a straw.

"Here you go." She handed me the popcorn and drink. "Next please!"

I began drinking and came face to face with a happy Sapphire. I know that look! It's the look girls give when they are planning something evil! "So, what movie did you pick?" I asked, sipping more coke.

She squealed, "Titanic!"

No, please no.

"We are watching Titanic! Come on! Let's go! It's starting in five minutes!" Saph pulled my hand and took the popcorn in her other hand. Saph chose the seats at the very back. "Why is there only one coke?" She whispered, taking popcorn and putting it in her mouth.

"Shit, I forgot." I said awkwardly.

"Never mind we can share." She took the coke from my hand and began drinking, making small slurping sounds.

Oh my gosh. She is sharing drinks with me!!!!!! Isn't that indirectly kissing?! Shut up Lucas!

I did not realise I was staring at her until she placed the coke on the handle, placing her arm on the armrest over mine and whispering, "it's starting!"

♚♔♚♔

"It is so sad!" Saph sobbed, clutching my shirt and wrapping my black jacket around her shoulders as we walked out of the cinema. "She let him go!"

How do I comfort her?

I put my arm around her shoulders and hugged her closer to me. "There, there." I said awkwardly.

She sniffed and rubbed her eyes. She looks like a cute little girl. I took a white handkerchief from my pocket and gave it to her. She took it willingly, wiping her eyes with it. She sniffed one last time and faced me, "I'm sorry. I'm not usually this emotional. I just love Titanic." She looked at the handkerchief on her hand. "Shit, sorry I dirtied it. I'll give it back to you next time we go out." She smiled.

Next time?! There's gonna be a next time!? The childish Lucas inside was screaming and jumping inside.

"Come on we still have time to walk around." She said, dragging me.

♚♔

"Thanks Lucas." Saph gave the helmet to me. Instead of the ride back home being fast, we were stuck at traffic even though we were on a motorcycle. "I really had fun."

"You're welcome. Next time I'll bring my car." I replied, placing the helmet on the seat and walking beside her.

"I like your motorcycle better though. Why are you walking with me?" She asked?

"I have to send this pretty lady home. Or else I am not a gentleman." She blushed and playfully punched my arm. I chuckled.

Once we reached her door she knocked and I took her hand, placing a kiss on it.

"Sleep well Blue." I said, I turned and was walking away when I heard a voice behind me.

"Dear!" I looked back to see a woman almost identical to Blue, but she had wrinkles and a few white strands of hair wearing a green summer dress. "Join us for dinner!"

"No, it's okay Mrs Light I have to go home anyways." I said politely.

"Nonsense." She waved her hand walked over to me, taking my arm and pulling me towards the house. "Any friend of Sapphire is welcome."

And that was how I ended up eating dinner in the Light residence.

♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔