25♚

Chapter 25♔ Past Crushes
Lucas Summer

♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔

I kissed Luce. Again. Oh God. I went too far this time!

Tongue? Really Lucas? Even the tongue?!

Sorry! It was on the spur of the moment.

I let out an exasperated sigh. And now, I'm talking to myself.

I replayed the scene in my head.

She kissed me first. Her soft, warm, smooth lips molded with mime. She tasted of vanilla and strawberry. I love strawberries. I could feel sparks fly when I kissed her. I wonder if she felt it too. When her tongue brushed against mine... it was nothing like I have felt before.

I mean, sure, I have kissed many girls. But Luce... she was different.

I clutched my head. It was English now. But the teacher is not here. The relief teacher was just sleeping. Like middle school, paper planes were flying around and people are causing a ruckus.

I sat at the window side at the end of the classroom. I heard the scraping of chairs but I did not even move my head.

"Lucas, dear?" I knew that voice. It was Jade. Jade had placed a hand on my back. But when I flinched, she removed it.

She moved her chair and sat beside me. Her hands were daintily folded on her lap and her legs were crossed.

"Oh. Jade hi." I said awkwardly, sitting straight.

"Are you okay?" Jade was like a mother. She was smiling sweetly at me. Caring and all. I do not understand why Daimon sometimes call her a demon.

"Yeah." I replied, feigning a smile.

"It's Sapphire isn't it? Or Luce to you?" Her sweet smile had disappeared and was replaced with an evil one.

"Uh, yeah." It was no use lying. She knows everything.

"Was it about that kiss?" She asked, mischievously smirking.

I faced her.

"How do you in know about that?" Did she see us? Oh no.

"Dear, I see everything," And that just made it creepy. "And you were practically in the middle of the cafeteria."

I groaned.

"And Austin was beside you guys."

"Aw man. Shit." I cursed in Greek.

She laughed.

"You know... Sapphire likes you." She said.

I faced her. Sapphire likes me? Luce likes me? The perfect girl I dream of, likes me?

"Yes she does. You are not dreaming." Jade pointed out.

"You heard what I said?" I grumbled.

She nodded and continued. "She likes you but she thinks she's not good enough for you." I was about to interrupt but she put a hand up to stop me. "She's not ready for commitment. But you already know that. You stole her first kiss. She doesn't trust that easily. That's why I wonder how both of you became so close over the summer."

I understood. Luce was just like me.

"Did you know Austin was her first crush?"

My eyes widened and Jade chuckled. She put a hand up again to prevent me from speaking.

"She's known Austin since middle school. Since then she had a crush on him. When she found out about his abuse, she hated him. But what surprised us was, she didn't cry." Jade smiled, as if remembering. "One week later she came up to us and said, 'I don't love him.' We were very shocked because last time she used to tell us that she thinks she loves him. She doesn't believe in love now. To her, love is just a word."

Jade laughed at the memories. "I just hope you don't break her anymore than she already is."

"I won't." I assured Jade. "I won't."

♚♔

"Luce!" I shouted. "Do you want me to send you home?"

Sapphire smiled at me and shook her head.

"I'm going to Gale's house. But thanks." And then she walked away.

Wendy was sitting beside me with a look on her face that said, don't-piss-me-off.

"Wen? What happened?" I asked, driving onto the road.

"Oh. Just some girls decided it would be fun to throw my shoes in the pond." She said sarcastically.

I started cursing in Greek, again. Luce was right. I thought.

"But it's okay." Wendy smiled. "Sapphire helped me chase them away. But I really wanted to throw their leader in the pond though."

I laughed. "This is the proof that we are related." I said, rubbing her hair.

She smacked my hand like I was a boy getting punished for taking cookies at night. I pouted and she made a face of disgust. "Ew. Don't do that. You look uglier than you already are." She joked.

I laughed humorlessly and blew raspberries at her. The whole ride home we were teasing each other. We were lucky we didn't get in an accident.

I stopped in front of our house and exited the car.

I knocked on the door, having forgotten the keys. Our housekeeper, Mrs Eugenia aka Genia, opened it with a smile on her face.

Good thing it isn't Camilla.

"Luke, Wen! You're home." She led us to the living room. "Good?"

"Um..." I said the same time Wendy said, "Uhhhh..."

"I bet somethings happened but I won't ask you. Go up to your room Wen." She pushed Wendy up the staircase and looked at me. "Your father wants to see you in his study."

Dad only did that twice. And I do not feel like saying why, but it was bad.

I nodded silently and walked up the stairs.