48♛

Chapter 48♕
Sapphire Light

♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕

My eye twitched.

Melissa, one of Whitney's Barbie doll minions, was touching Lucas' shoulder.

She was smiling flirtatiously at him, flipping her bleached hair over her shoulder.

My fists clenched.

"I guess he has his personal bitch now." I hissed, "There is no use apologizing now. And you can't make me."

I sat on the table at the end of the cafeteria. I huffed. I bit the pizza. To be honest, I tore it off. My eyes were narrowed. "Sapphire, relax. Lucas isn't the type to do those shit." Scarlet assured me, placing my hand in hers and patting it to soothe me.

I wasn't paying attention to her. I was looking at Lucas and Melissa.

I almost broke Scarlet's hand.

Melissa was head to head with Lucas. Her face was too near to his.

They looked like they were going to kiss. I squeezed Scarlet's hand again. She suppressed the scream that was about to come out by biting her tongue. Scarlet doesn't get hurt easily. She's strong. I didn't think my small grip was enough to hurt her.

I looked away before I could see anything I regret. Scarlet ripped her hand out of my grip, wincing.

"Damn that hurts." Scarlet winced again, clutching her left hand. "How the hell are you so strong?"

"Sorry." I said, smiling sheepishly at her.

I finished my pizza and washed it down with ice lemon tea. "Hey, Michelle. Have you told Lucas?"

She looked up from her phone and looked at me. "Ohhhh. Y-yeah. Of course I told him. Excuse me I need to pee." She hurriedly walked away. She went on the direction of the toilet but turned and made her way to Lucas' table. I knew she hadn't told him!

She sat beside him, continuing to talk to him. She stood up, but before leaving, I saw her lips move once more. Lucas' face fell. It hurt me so much seeing him like that.

I knew he was looking at where Mich was going so I kept my eyes straight, on Skylar. Then I laughed. I laughed until my stomach and cheeks hurt.

I covered my mouth with my palm, pressing my lips to it.

After I controlled my laughter I said, "Oh God. I'll never get over him."