39♛

Chapter 39♕ Karaoke
Sapphire Light

♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕

"Luce! Are you okay!?" Lucas burst into the hallway, skidding past me.

He stopped and almost tripped over without the help of Scarlet.

"Yeah." I whispered softly. "Yeah."

Michelle stood on front of me with her arms stretched open and her mouth in a grin.

I did not move. She pouted. "After three years, you're not even going to hug me? Wait. Or was four?"

I took four steps towards her and wrapped my arms behind her back, patting it.

"So who's your boyfriend?" She whispered, to other people we look like we are just hugging but we are actually having our own conversation.

I pulled away. "We need to talk somewhere else."

♛♕

"How did we all end up here?" Daimon asks dryly.

We were all now at Lucas' house. My parents were at home so we could not go there and Gale forbid us from going there. She said something about not letting the devil enter her abode...

We sat in the living room. Quite awkwardly if you ask.

Lucas sat beside me but Michelle pushed him away. So now I am sitting beside Mich.

"Shut up." Jade smacked the back of his head and he pouted.

"Hi!" Michelle chirped, waving at everyone. And for the first time, she noticed Gale. "Beauman." Mich scowled.

"Light." And now they were having a stare down.

I could seriously sense the aura coming out from both of them. They never liked each other. Gale had been my friend since I was two. Mich tried to be friends with her but Gale smacked Mich's face when Mich took her Barbie doll. Mich still has not gotten over it. So, here we are now.

"They would look exactly alike except for the hair though." Alexis butted in, oblivious to their hate.

"Really?" Gale asked. "I think Sapphire is nothing like Michelle. Sapphire is obviously nicer. And kinder and prettier."

Oh damn.

Michelle smiled, her gaze going back to Gale. "Yeah. Whatever you said was true. Sometimes I think she's too kind to still be friends with you. I wonder how she manages that."

Gale growled.

I clapped my hands, drawing everyone away from Gale and Michelle's girl fight. "Okay. Now that we got that going. Who's idea was it to skip school?"

Everyone pointed to Jade and Alexis.

"Hey! You said you wanted to talk elsewhere!" Alexis defended.

"We can't go back to school. Who wants to drink?" Gerard suggested.

"I don't drink." Scarlet said, crossing her arms.

"Too bad Miss Goody Two Shoes." Gerard said. "Then you'll just have to go elsewhere."

Scarlet laughed sarcastically. "You want to go to detention? I can arrange it for you."

"She's the head student councillor," Skylar said, hitting Gerard's shoulder. "But, I would be happy to drink."

"Come on Red. Don't tell me you're too uptight," Jade taunted.

To Scarlet, that's a declaration of war.

She glared at Jade. "Where do you people want to go?"

Alexis raised her hand. "I'd rather go to karaoke."

♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕

There! Long lost sisterrrrrrrrr.

♛Faith