46♛

Chapter 46♕ Makeover
Gale Beauman

♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕♛♕

"Luce?" I heard Lucas whisper.

I was walking inside the school with Hayden when I saw Sapphire run away and Lucas stand there like an idiot.

He had this pained expression on his face. Did she kick his dick? Never mind. I can still catch up to her. "Wait! Sapphire, wait!" I shouted, dropping my bag and running after her.

Sapphire made sharp turn to the girls toilet. I followed her and we passed Scarlet and Jade.

"Gale?" Scarlet asked as I ran pass her.

"Sapphire?" Jade said after her, as she ran pass her.

Sapphire locked herself in the toilet. I knocked on the door, "Saph? Are you okay? What happened?"

The toilet door opened, "Guys! Why are you running?!" Jade and Scarlet burst into the toilet.

I put my finger to my lips and pointed at the toilet door. This also means, 'keep quiet. There's something happening.'

They mouthed 'oh' to me and locked the entrance to the toilet.

I knocked on the cubicle door again, "Sapphire? Can you tell me what happened?"

I heard her sniffing and my breath hitched. She's crying?! My eyes blazed with anger. What the hell did Lucas do to her?! That idiot!

"Is it Lucas?" She stopped sniffing which made my assumption a possibility, "Tell me what he did and I'll send him to the pits of Tartarus." Oh, I just love Greek Mythology. You learn all kinds of threats there.

"N-no," she stuttered. "It's not his fault... i-it's mine."

My eyebrows furrowed, "What do you mean?"

Jade and Scarlet scooter closer to us hoping to eavesdrop.

"Can you guys call Skylar and Alexis first?" She asked, "I don't want to repeat myself."

"Already on it." I said. I lifted myself up and sat on the dry part of the counter sink. I dialed Skylar and Alexis at the same time and they picked it up.

"Come to the toilet near the cafeteria, ASAP." I said, immediately hanging up.

"Wait! Call Michelle too." Sapphire said I sighed, dialing Light's number.

♛♕

"I don't want to talk to him because I'm scared of my dad," she whispered. "I'm scared of what dad would do to Lucas." We've been sitting in the toilet for almost an hour, listening to her story. In the middle of it, she admitted that she liked Lucas. But she was in the toilet the whole time too.

"Girl," Skylar knocked on her door. "You need to get out of there."

"But I look like shit." She whispered.

Alexis smiled, "Good thing I brought my whole make-up kit today!" She chirped.

I heard Sapphire groan softly before opening the door.

My face cringed in disgust, "you do look like shit." Her eyes were red and puffy, and there were tear stains running down her cheeks.

She frowned at me, "Thanks, for boosting my seilf confidence." She said sarcastically.

"Hush." Alexis sternly said before removing Sapphire's ponytail.

Alex took a tissue paper from her bag, rubbing it vigorously on Saph's face. Saph moved back on instinct making Alex pull her hair.

After wiping Saph's face, she took out a black box from her pink floral backpack.

"What's that?" Scarlet asked, pointing to the thingy.

Alexis opened, smiling. "My make up box."

♛♕

"Isn't this too much?" Sapphire complained as she tried to rub off the eye shadow and mascara. She splashed water on her face but it was still there. "What the hell is wrong with this makeup?! I can't remove it!"

Alexis laughed, "It's waterproof."

Sapphire groaned in frustration.

We've been in here for an hour. We straightened her blouse, fixed her tie, got a new skirt and fixed her face. Alexis put eye shadow, mascara, blush, eye liner and foundation. But now Sapphire wants the mascara and eye shadow gone.

Alex sighed. "Fine I'll remove it."

After Alex removed it, the trouble was Sapphire was too nervous to go out.

"What if he hates me now? What if he doesn't want to talk to me? What if he never liked me?!" Sapphire began pacing in the small space in the toilet.

I rolled my eyes as Alexis and Skylar scoffed.

Michelle sighed and grabbed Saph's arm. Instinctively, Saph grabbed the toilet sink. "You are not dragging me out of here!" She shouted before flailing her free arm.

Michelle ducked, "Don't hit me!"

Scarlet and Jade nodded to each other.

Michelle moved aside and Scarlet and Jade took hold of both her shoulders. "Let's go. It's recess now and I am hungry." Jade said as she and Scarlet dragged Saph out of the toilet.

"Noooooo!" Sapphire screamed desperately as she was dragged out of the shit smelling toilet that was now polluted with citrus scented perfume.