23♚

Chapter 23 Cafeteria Food Fights
Lucas Summer

♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔

"Cause you were mine, for the summer
Now we know it's nearly over
Feels like snow in September
But I always will remember
You were my summer love
You always will be my summer love."

I singing softly to the song Summer Love by One Direction. Even though I was a boy, and convinced that One Direction is gay, I thought this song suited Luce and I.

Over the summer Luce and I grew very close. Like best friends. But, I knew I could not stick to just being best friends with her.

My small little crush with her grew. It was not small or little anymore. It was something stronger.

And I knew it.

I like her. I like her a lot. Maybe even..... love?

But I do not think you can love someone in the span of two months. And that is the reason why I have not asked her out, yet.

Yet.

That word gives me shivers.

I took my black backpack from beside my bed and slung it over my shoulder.

First day of school in Mortland High. Don't ruin it Lucas. Be cool. You'll be seeing Luce again after one week.

I ran a hand through my tousled hair and opened the door.

"Yo bro. Ready to go?" Wendy was standing in front of door. She was wearing a tribal dress that reached her knees and her black hair was loose with green vans and a white & black sling bag.

"Yeah." I replied, ruffling her hair.

She smacked my hand away and pouted. "Don't mess my hair."

♚♔

"Luke...I'm getting nervous, everyone is staring at us." She mumbled, hiding behind my back. "Is my dress weird?"

I pulled her making her stand beside me. "Your dress is nice. They're just looking at us cause we're new."

I noticed her head was bowed down and she was slouching. We were walking towards the school because I parked the car too far away.

"I thought you made a friend?" I asked, opening the school door for her.

She entered and I followed.

"I don't know were he- she is." She stuttered. I glanced at her knowingly. I knew her friend was a boy. She was very easy to read.

"Okay." I noticed Zachary coming towards us. "Uh. Wendy, my friend is coming over I need to go."

She nodded hesitantly.

I gave her an encouraging smile.

"Hey Luke." He greeted, bro-fisting with me. "Is that your sis?"

"Yeah." I replied.

"Why'd you leave her?" He asked, walking to first period with me.

"Cause I saw you." I said dryly.

Before he could reply someone slapped my head.

"Ow!" I shouted, rubbing my head.

Then someone poked my tummy. My tickle spot.

"What the-" I rubbed my stomach only for my head to be hit again.