21♚

Chapter 21 Celebrity Gossip
Lucas Summer

♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚

"Hello Sir. I am Lucas Summer." I greeted, holding out my hand for Mr Light to shake.

"Jude Light." He shook my hand and sat down beside Mrs Light.

This is awkward. I thought, my eyes avoiding stares. Everyone at the table was eating slowly. It was silent. Really silent. If a pin dropped, we would have heard it.

"Atticus did not tell me his son was all grown up."

I laughed awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

"I forgot that you we're the same age as Sapphire." He continued. "I remember you have a sister. Wendy was it?"

"Yes sir." I replied.

I didn't know dad was friends with Luce's father. Maybe it isn't so important. I thought.

♚♔

Well that was awkward.

Right after Mr Light finished eating, he stood up, placed his food in the sink and strode upstairs. To his office I suppose.

"Luke! You wanna go up to my room and play video games?" Seth asked, halfway up the mohagony staircase.

I grinned. I love to play video games despite my age. You could say it is my inner child.

"He is too-" I cut Luce off.

"Sure." I accepted, running up to Seth's bedroom.

"Boys. So childish." I heard her mutter with a frown. I smiled as I entered Seth's room.

I looked around his room. His walls were painted grey and navy blue. He had a king sized bed with black sheets. In the corner, there was a black study table filled with books and video game CDs. On the end of his bed, lay his own pile of dirty clothes and there were chocolate wrappers around his room.

"Nice room." I complimented as he turned on his television.

"Clean right." He said, sitting on the blue carpet in front of his television. "My mom forces me to clean this room."

I laughed and took the controller from his hand, sitting on his bed.

He faced the television only to turn to me again. "Do you like my sister?" He asked, raising his eyebrow and smirking.

I scratched the back of my neck as he continued to stare at me. At my gesture, his eyes turned into slits. "Answer my question." Even though he was one year younger and smaller than me, I felt threatened by this sixteen year old kid.

"Yes?" My answer sounded like a question. I dropped the controller.

"She's never gone on a date before." Seth said. "Many guys ask her out but she rejects them. Yet I have never seen you in school and you go out with her."

I did not know how to answer him. If I told him I stole his sister's first kiss... I am dead.

"We met at Gale's birthday party." I said, it was not a lie because that was the first time we met.

"Okay. How did you talk to her? Did you flirt with her?" Seth questioned.

"Um, no. I asked her for a dance." I said. This sixteen year old kid was freaking me out. I kept my guard on because I was scared that he might suddenly tackle me. Luce did say he was on football too.

"Okay." He said. "Take care of her."

I was about to pick up the controller but he stopped me.

"This is only the second time you've talked to Sapphire right?"

I nodded.

"Do want to ask me anything about her? There's no point in denying." He smirked.

"Okay." I did not want him to think I was weird so I started off with a simple question. "Does she like chocolate?" Wendy might have told me information regarding her but it might not true. Might as well get it from the source.

"She loves it. But she hates milk chocolate. Her favourite is dark chocolate." He said.

"Thanks." I pulled on the collar of my shirt. "Is it just me or is it hot in here?"

"Oh. My A/C broke last week. You can take of your shirt if you want. My sister would be coming in here soon." He replied, still playing.

I took off my shirt. "How do you know?"

The door slammed open.

"Seth!" Luce yelled, as she burst into the room. "What is Lego doing on my floor?!" She held up a piece of Lego.

I raised my eyebrow at Seth and he shrugged.

I noticed her staring at me and I decided to tease her. "Done staring?"

"Why are you shirtless?!" She screeched, covering her eyes.

"But I thought you we're enjoying the view." I replied, teasing her more and smirking.

"FOR GOODNESS SAKE! PUT ON YOUR CLOTHES!" She ran to Seth's walk in closet, slamming the door behind her. "Tell me when you're finished!"

I waited a few seconds before standing in front of the door. Without a shirt.

She opened the door, her eyes looking at my fit body. I smirked more. She snapped out of her trance and shouted, "WHAT THE HELL!"

She covered her eyes and I took my shirt from the bed. I put it on and chuckled. "Okay. I'm done."

I saw her peek from between her fingers before she removed her whole hand. She frowned at me but her eyed found Seth. She's here for you! I mouthed to Seth.

"Why was there a piece of Lego on my floor?!"

"You found one? Only?" He asked. "I remember putting a lot after you left." He is getting on her nerved. Dun Dun Dun Dun!

She looked at his TV and smirked. She unplugged his game and he groaned in protest, "I lost my score! That was my highest score! Ugh!"

"Serves you right." Smiling smugly, shetook the Lego and threw it at his head.

It hit him directly between the eyes. "Ow!" He grimaced, glaring at her. Nice aim.

"Oops. Sorry." She said, faking an innocent tone and smiling.

Seth groaned, muttering curses under his breath and rubbing the part where she had hit him.

She turned to me. Shit.

♚♔♚

"Mom! I'm home!" I shouted walking into the living room.

"Shut up! I'm watching something!" Wendy shouted from the living room sofa.

What's she watching?

I took a seat beside her. She smirked.

"Welcome to Celebrity Gossip! This is the show where the new updates of celebrities are shared! Tonight the lucky celebrities are Lucas Summer, of Summer Hotels, and Sapphire Light of Light Inc.!" The woman said. Behind her, the screen showed a picture of Sapphire holding my hand. I recognize the photo as the one where she dragged me out of Starbucks.

"What the hell!" I shouted, leaning forward. But I unconsciously took popcorn from the bowl that was in Wendy's lap.

Wendy's smirk never faltered.

"We suspect that Lucas and Sapphire have been secretly dating since Gale Beauman's, of Beauman Novels, birthday party. They were also seen walking out of the movie theater after this picture."

My mouth opened.

The woman continued, "Lucas and Sapphire were also seen riding on a motorcycle-"

I took the remote and switched off the television. Wendy whimpered in protest and glared at me.

Damn.

♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔

Hi guys! Please read my other book!
♚ The Girl Who Chased Him

♚Faith