Day 24 - Unconditional Love❣️

I have a problem, guys. A serious problem. Up to this point in time, I can never love a person unconditionally.

I like to assume that I love them unconditionally until a point in which I realize I don't. That's how it goes. I always assume they are so important to me until I stop talking to them for a lifetime. I am such a cold-hearted person.

Have you ever loved someone unconditionally?

First of all, what is unconditional love? For me, if I can't survive without someone, then that's unconditional. Only if that's the case, I won't leave that person, no matter what comes between us. No matter how bad, cruel, arrogant, or selfish that person can be, if I want to love them at all costs, then they should cost my life.

Do you have such a person?

I can link one such person to all the above criteria. I cannot imagine a life without her. I always tell her to live until she is 120 years old so that I can live with her until my 80s and die before her.

Can you guess who she is?

She is my Mommy! I love her. I will love her till my death, and I always hope that I die before her. I assume this as unconditional love.

Out of this whole world, only one person is linked to my life that much. Even if the world ends tomorrow, I can survive if she is with me.

After hearing all this, you might think that she has such a sweet mom. But that's not the case. She scolds me, and that doesn't sound sweet at all. But I don't care much about it because I got used to it.

But as she is away from me now, I miss her lectures. I miss her high-pitched voice. I miss the meals that she makes for me, about which I always complain while eating. I miss her presence even more while verbalizing all this.

Lately, the air that surrounds me is suffocating me so much. Her breath mixed with air, which is what makes air breathable, I guess. Without her presence, the air is heavy, and it's getting difficult to digest.

She always says that if she is away from home, we will realize the house chores that she did earlier, and she also adds that we can never survive by doing all that. What she said is wrong. I am doing all the housework with much more ease than her, but there is one truth in her statement. It's really hard to survive without her.

Generally, as the days pass, we get accustomed to it. But in her case, as the days pass, my heart is getting heavy. If I had gone away, maybe she would have felt the same. But now as she is away from home, home is just a house without her.

Dad buys me whatever I want, and my sister is always there to chitchat with me. I can call a friend to kill my boredom. But all this can never replace her presence.

She is so special to get such love. She has more sources of love. She has more than me as the source of love and to show love.

But for me, she is my elixir of love. And all the love that I have now is only for her.

Missing her presence and waiting for her return.

-Araminta Flores
(October 16, 2023)