xcix. | down with the saviors

ELLA LEFT ALEXANDRIA without telling anyone

ELLA LEFT ALEXANDRIA without telling anyone. She was going to find and murder the Saviors until there was all but one man left standing — Negan. His death would be special. His death would be slow. He deserved nothing more, but the worst death any man or woman could endure. Groups from the three different communities were delivering blows to the Saviors, that was known amongst the residents, Ella was simply helping them out by taking out their supply houses, their watch outposts, anything that could deliver a lethal blow to the Saviors, anything to end this war and fast. She might have asked someone for help if it wouldn't leave Alexandria down another fighter. She had to go it alone. If it was her fault Alexandria fell all because she took someone who could fight for Alexandria, Ella didn't think she could forgive herself.

The wounds generously gifted by the person she hated more than anything were still healing, but that wasn't about to stop her from doing what she wanted. The wounds drove her rage, her ambition. It was a reminder of who died and who did it to her. Her wounds would heal in the places that mattered when it was all over. She almost couldn't imagine living without Negan standing over her shoulder. Almost.

She trekked through the woods with nothing but a gun and a knife. She was careful about not stepping on twigs and crunchy leaves to not alert someone, or something, nearby of her presence. Bringing upon a dozen armed Saviors, or walkers, before she was even at one of the outposts was the last thing she wanted. If she was going down she wanted to go down dealing damage to the cult-like group Negan founded. She grimaced out of disgust for just thinking of Negan and his stupid people. A lot of things would be different if it wasn't for him. For one, Ella would be happier.

Ella spotted a walker stuck in a narrow gap between two trees. Like a rabbit caught in a snare. Only difference was that the walker wasn't food. Gripping her knife in her hand, she plunged her knife into the side of the walkers skull. She could have ignored it, but just in case it got free, she killed the being that was once human.

Music sang in her ears. It came not from where she stood. The only people idiotic enough to play music loud enough for the world to hear were the Saviors. She smiled to herself and thanked the god in Heaven for letting her get this far. She beelined for the treeline, two figures coming into focus as they stood at the same treeline. She took out her gun and raised it. The sound of her gun clicking made both of them turn around with their own weapons raised.

The last people she would have suspected — Rosita and Michonne.

"What the hell are you doing out here?" Ella eyed the women. She holstered her gun.

They quickly glanced at each other. "We were coming to look for you. We heard the music and thought you would be here." Michonne answered.

"Well, you were right," Ella stepped past them. She needed all the help she could get to wipe the outpost out. She couldn't do it herself. If they were really out here looking for her, they would follow her. She looked back at them, a smirk forming, "Coming?"