xxv. | seven months in

SEVEN MONTHS

SEVEN MONTHS. That was how long it'd been since they lost the farm, Andrea and Shane. Since then everything was different, which Ella didn't like, but she just had to get used to the change. Everyone just kept going after the other, and it was never going to stop, because one by one they were going to be picked off and soon there'd be no one left to save humanity if there even still was any humanity left.

Finding closure for so many people at once was even harder. No one even had the chance to mourn Dale's death before four more people died right in front of their eyes at the farm. It only made Ella wonder who'd be next every single day they saw a walker or killed one. But Ella knew they were safe when they were together, so she didn't think anyone else would die unless they were separated or ambushed.

Glenn opened the car door for Ella. He grabbed her gun, checking the bullets in case they ran into some big trouble and she ran out of bullets for not having enough. Ella took her gun back without saying anything, before the two followed Rick, Carl and Daryl towards the house they would scavenge for some loot if it hadn't already been ransacked, maybe stay there if it was safe.

Rick spoke up, "The plan is-"

Ella ignored him and walked past him into the house, aiming her gun at her surroundings, eyes looking for any kind of threat. Rick glared at Ella as Carl followed her in pursuit, then Daryl followed, and so did everyone else, before Rick was able to walk in the house.

She knew Rick was the man in charge and he's always protected them for the greater good, but she couldn't ever forgive him. It was bad to hold a grudge, but being forced to follow a man who killed your father was different than a simple 'he lied to me' or 'he stole my dvd player'. He betrayed her trust and her love, for good.

Once she did leave the group and went on her own for about four months before they somehow found her again, but Maggie convinced her to come back. . . for Glenn, for Beth, for Carl, for T-Dog, for Hershel, for Carol for Lori and for her unborn sibling. Of course she would've came back for everyone else too, but those people cared the most for her.

Ella walked down the hallway, cracking open doors and checking inside the rooms. She came upon a room that was designed to be a nursery. Her heart quenched as she stared at the baby mobile. Babies don't belong in this world anymore, Ella thought. It was true, babies didn't belong in a world that killed no matter where you turned.

Ella wanted a child, she did, but she wasn't sure how she'd be able to care for a baby if they couldn't find a place to stay for awhile. They were constantly moving, they were constantly going on runs, they were constantly having to hide in cars from walker hordes. How would a baby be able to endure that without killing them all by crying and alerting the man hungry undead.