xcvi. | the saviors last day

"WHY?" RICK QUESTIONED, his hand shook not out of fear but out of anger

"WHY?" RICK QUESTIONED, his hand shook not out of fear but out of anger. Rick remembered him, too. And Daryl knew him all too well for he was one of the Saviors who tormented him everyday he was held a prisoner by the Saviors. If either of them killed him, no one would blink an eye. Not even Tara would care, he killed her girlfriend.

"'Cause I want it stopped. I want Negan dead." Dwight may have been a piece of shit, but what he spoke was the truth. The people in the room could see that.

"So why don't you kill him?" Rick steadied his hand from shaking.

"Can't just be me. They're all Negan." Dwight drawled out.

Tara now stood over Dwight, looking down upon him. "That girl you murdered. . . she had a name. Her name was Denise, and she was a doctor, and she helped people."

Dwight looked at the ground, then at Tara. "I wasn't aiming for her." he said. Daryl attacked Dwight and held him against the wall, his knife inches away from Dwight's eye.

Ella's lips parted. "Read the room. You're just trying to kill yourself." she leaned against the doorframe. She wasn't sure if she even spoke loud enough for him to hear, but him glancing at her was all she needed to know that he did hear her.

"Do it. Do it!" Tara tried.

Dwight stared down at the tip of the knife. "You wanna end it this way. . . you go ahead. I'm sorry. I am. I know you want to."

"He could just be here to see if you were here." Rick reminded Daryl that he was a fugitive in Negan's eyes. Negan might even try to plant some spies amongst Alexandria, Hilltop, even the Kingdom to find Daryl. Rick was right. It could be that.

"We can't trust him." Michonne agreed. Ella nodded.

Instead of looking at the knife, his eyes moved to Daryl's face. "He owned me. But not anymore. What I did, I was doing it for someone else. She got away. So now I'm here. So are you because of her."

"Do it!" Tara raised her voice.

"There's another choice." Dwight began.

"Daryl, you knew her." Tara was growing nervous now.

Dwight continued. "Negan trusts me," he said. Daryl inched his knife closer. "We work together, we can stop him."

Ella put her fingers over her mouth, clearly in thought now. He could be lying. But he also couldn't. If using Dwight could get them one step closer to killing Negan then Ella wanted to take the risk that he could very well be a spy.