i. | frog legs

ELLA SAT ON A LAWN CHAIR, the sun was shining brightly in her eyes as she was watching Lori Grimes cut her son's, Carl Grimes, hair off because of how unhealthy it was getting after a month or so of it growing out without it actually being washed

Ella looked over to her father, training her eyes on him carving a branch stick, wonder and curiosity sparking in her mind. What is he doing, she thought.

"Baby, the more you fidget, the longer it takes. So dont, okay?" Lori asked Carl, his eyes darting everywhere. He certainly did seem like he had an urge to move every five seconds whenever she snipped away, it was like there was a curse set upon him whenever she cut his hair.

"I'm trying." Carl mumbled underneath his breath, his tone a bit annoyed towards his only surviving parent.

Ella bit her lower lip, gazing down upon Carl who was being a bit rude today towards everyone, which honestly sucked a ton for Ella because she hated children who were disrespectful for no absolute reason.

Lori heaved a sigh, her hands on his shoulders. "Well, try harder." she encouraged him, raising her voice a little.

Shane chuckled, lifting his eyes at the pair. "If you think this is bad, wait till you start shaving. That stings," he stated, a smile crossing his face. "That day comes, you'll be wishing for one of your mama's haircuts."

"I'll believe it when I see it." Carl raised his eyebrows, causing Shane and Lori to chuckle at his response.

The corners of Ella's lips tugged upwards, slightly shaking her head at the response, her eyes lighting up in amusement towards the boy.

Shaving honestly sucked for both men and women, it stung badly when you accidentally cut yourself with your razor every now and then.

"Have you seen my dad's face Carl?" Ella smiled, arching an eyebrow. "You should already believe it, bud."

Carl laughed. "That's true. . . but I'm still gonna wait until I start shaving to actually believe it." he told her with a huge smile.

Lori, Shane, and Ella all laughed a ton as Lori continued trimming his brunette hair, his eyes shining from the sunlight outside.

"Hey, tell you what. . . you get through this with some manly dignity and tomorrow I'll teach you something special, something I taught my little girl once," Shane grinned at the young boy, earning an eye roll from Ella. "I will teach you to catch frogs."

Lori gave Shane an uneasy look, the thought of slimy frogs flashing in her mind. Ella leaned forward, she remembered her first time catching frogs, it was quite boring because they were there for hours.