lix. | there are better angels

AFTER EVERYTHING DIED down and mostly everyone was getting themselves comfortable to head off to sleep, Ella sat next to Glenn

AFTER EVERYTHING DIED down and mostly everyone was getting themselves comfortable to head off to sleep, Ella sat next to Glenn. She held a bible in her hands, reading some of the pages. She was trying to find the quotes or at least the stuff Amy used to talk about, saying it came directly from the bible. Amy prayed every night, saying it would bring them good luck, that God would forgive her and her friends after he brought the apocalypse around. Amy wasn't heavily into the bible, the religion, but she still was a Christian.

Ella didn't believe in God, but the people who died along the way did believe in God. Hershel believed, Jacqui believed, Amy believed, Andrea might've believed, Beth believed, Sophia believed, Laura and Shane once believed, too. Ella closed her eyes, hot tears filling her eyes.  She felt like she had to carry on by believing. Right now, she couldn't. Maybe another day. She just didn't believe in God. And she might never believe in Him. It could be for the best, or it could be for the worst. She would see one day.

Ella placed the bible down on the ground and rubbed her arms from the chilliness in the church. She wished there was a fireplace in here. Or electricity so that a heater could actually made this place warm. Usually, the church was its own thing, so you'd think there'd be electricity and heaters. Unfortunately, not this church. It depended on the city that cut off all power to everything that it once controlled. If one person wanted to, they could definitely attempt to turn the power back on.

Glenn noticed that she was cold, so he put his arm around and pulled her into his shoulder, kissing the top of her head. Ella could feel his body tensing after he kissed her head. She smiled to herself for she knew he was nervous that he even did that. She looked up at him in a loving manner, lacing her hand with his hand.

They never talked about that kiss when the prison fell and he was sicker than a dog, or what they were. They didn't have to. They knew what they were to each other even if they didn't say it out loud to anyone or to themselves. The kiss was simply the start of their unspoken relationship, which only happened a few days ago at that. It probably felt like it happened forever ago. The day they met, the day they got close, the day Ella developed a crush, on the Greene farm, or when Glenn developed a crush. It could've been at any point in time of their wondrous friendship.

Glenn tilted his head down and softly kissed Ella on the lips. He laid his head on her head. "I can't wait until we can end the apocalypse." he whispered, thinking about how the world used to be and how much better it might be when everything is in order. 

"Yeah, it's gonna be great," Ella smiled. "You know, I don't think I've ever been to Washington D.C. My parents were never able to travel out of state since I was born when they were really young." she recalled to him.

"Neither have I now that I think of it," he paused for a moment. He sat up straight, looking down at Ella again. "Wait, how old were your parents when they had you?"

"They were teenagers, or maybe they were in their early twenties. I don't really remember what they told me," she sighed. "And we won't really know since. . . you know."